Birthday Celebrations/Ideas for my 10 year old to be

QTMichele

I posted this on the RCCL boards, but thought I may have more luck here. :) My DD will turn 10 on our upcoming cruise. I've ordered stateroom decorations for her and will bring her birthday gifts so she can have gifts to unwrap. I'd like to make this birthday (first double digit birthday!) memorable (as if a cruise weren't enough! lol). What would you do to celebrate a child's birthday on a cruise ship? THANKS a bunch!:D

Through your TA or PVP, you can order a cake to be served at your dining table on the birthday night. We do this for our DGD whose birthday is during our annual family cruise between Christmas and New Years. It doesn't cost much more and the cake is really good. The wait staff at your table will cut and serve the cake as well as sing "Happy Birthday." Everyone nearby joins in and applauds. It's a lot of fun. There is more than one flavor to choose from. You may also find these on the Carnival site. Look for Gifts and Services at the bottom of their home page. Then choose Occassion Cakes. Hope you have a wonderful cruise. Bon Voyage!

We did our son's birthday on board when he was 8. Frankly the cost for the room decorations was pretty expensive considering what you got, so I just went to the dollar store and got some ribbons and streamers and decorated it my self while my DH had him occupied. We did order a cake, but had them bring it at dinner for him so the whole dining room sang to him. Since we were on a Hawaii cruise we got him beach/sand toys.

I appreciate the suggestions. :) I haven't ordered the birthday cake - wasn't sure if she'd rather eat cake or one of the other dessert items on the menu. Having read your replies, I'm thinking that if I can spend $31 on paper decorations, then I can order a birthday cake and let her eat that AND dessert from the menu, if she chooses. ;) :D Plus, I wasn't sure how good the cake tasted... is it really good??? I'm on my way to go check out the choices (I think it's just vanilla and chocolate...).

Thanks again!

...Plus, I wasn't sure how good the cake tasted... is it really good??? I'm on my way to go check out the choices (I think it's just vanilla and chocolate...)...

The cakes are really good. Your waiter will put a candle on it and light it to blow out, sing, and cut the cake according to your specs, serve it to any/all at your table or whatever you direct them to do. If any is left, you can take it with you or have them save it for the next evening. It's your DD's birthday--have it your way.

The cakes are really good. Your waiter will put a candle on it and light it to blow out, sing, and cut the cake according to your specs, serve it to any/all at your table or whatever you direct them to do. If any is left, you can take it with you or have them save it for the next evening. It's your DD's birthday--have it your way.

You've talked me into it! :D I was going to order it, but I'm locked out of my reservation - will try again after I pick up the kids from school. THANKS again!

My oldest DD turned 10 on Indy :D My youngest DD turned 3 (2 years ago) on Freedom.

For each, we had the cabin decorated. And on Indy, we added the "special celebration" notation to the booking. And in the dining room, we reminded the waiter about the birthday. The waiter and head waiter brought out dessert for her with a candle in it.

4553afbb.jpg

066.jpg

I love your pictures, Michele. BTW, what is the benefit of adding "the "special celebration" notation to the booking"? On our reservation it has "unused birthday" with the date, but no one explained what, or if, this did anything. Thanks!!

BTW, I was able to order the cake! She'll be excited. :D

I love your pictures, Michele. BTW, what is the benefit of adding "the "special celebration" notation to the booking"? On our reservation it has "unused birthday" with the date, but no one explained what, or if, this did anything. Thanks!!

BTW, I was able to order the cake! She'll be excited. :D

Where it says "Unassigned" next to your daughter's name on the booking. Are you booked direct with RCCL? If you are, then see if you are able to click on the "Unassigned" and pull it down to "Birthday" - if it doesn't allow you then call RCCL and have them add it.

And what does it do. From what I understand, it is sent to the MDR and noted for the waiters. So the waiters will know what day her bday is and what day to celebrate it. They'll bring a dessert with a candle in it.

Archived