Passport turnaround time..

megnsamsgracie

I forgot how much I paid but requested the expedited service and received it in two weeks. This was a couple of years back when the rules and regs were taking effect. Other people were having wait times of a couple of months. As far as I know, that service is still available.

Just an FYI, when I was applying on 11/12 it was stated by many on here that it was about 2weeks. Right now its running just shy of a month, we got ours today. I needed just my last 2 kids. Applied at the PO.

HTH

Wow....just in the nick of time! :D Enjoy your trip tomorrow!

I did my kids passport cards on October 17, my daughter's I received on Nov. 21, my son's didn't arrive until Nov. 30.

However earlier in the year when I did my passport it arrived within 17 days of when it was mailed. I mailed mine back in October to be sure we would have it in time for our cruise on the 19th.

We have our birth certificates and licenses for this cruise but I'm going ahead and applying for the passports to have them for the next cruise. We decided to do this on such short notice we didn't really have time to get them. If we had to have them I'd do the expedited service but since we don't I'll just use the birth certificates this time.

My parents are sailing on january 3 and had to renew theirs, and paid for expedited service -- it was just under 2 weeks.

did you know you can track the process on the government's website? I applied for mine just shy of a month ago. Yesterday I got an email saying my passport had been mailed to me. Today I got an email saying it was mailed from Hot Springs AR on the 8th and should arrive at my home by the 14th.

And today I got an envelope from the Department of State returning my birth certificate and one copy of my photo, along with a notice that the passport would follow under separate cover.

Archived