Hopefully a Live from the Dream thread :)

megnsamsgracie

Thank you for using your vacation time to send news back to us cruise critic junkies!!!

I hope you are having a great time!

I look forward to hearing the rest of your review

Debbie

PS. I loved looking through your photos! I also have 4 children very close in age. However, now ages 17 - 23. You are a very brave women taking 4 young kids on holiday like this! Good for you!! Something we never did! However, with this trip we are doing a week at disney prior to our cruise with 2 of them ( and then they go home and hubby and I do the cruise!)

A question for you though: did your boys and husband rent tux's on board or did you bring them with you? I love your little man's white tux!

Enjoy the rest of your cruise!

Vince Strong is currently the Piano Bar player on the Dream. He took over after Damian Brell.

When we were on this past week, I believe the atrium pianist came up for some quieter pre-dinner music, and then later in the evening is when Vince played.

We were on the Dream on the 12/03 cruise and I am wondering about the thin walls. Could it be just certain areas because our room was 12216 and we thought we were the only ones on the floor it was so quiet!!

We must have gotten lucky too, because we didn't hear our neighbors (we had an inside room on Upper Deck).

One thing I am waiting to hear is how things work out when trying to get off the ship at ports. On the 12/3 sailing, some days we got off right away, but one day we had to wait a long time while hundreds of people were already pouring back onto the ship. It was only set up to do one-way traffic which seemed silly, so they would let a ton of people flow back onto the ship and get through security; meanwhile a line formed the other direction before they would finally halt the oncoming group and let us through so our S&S cards could be punched and we could get off the ship.

Surely they can come up with a better system than what they used that day.

We must have gotten lucky too, because we didn't hear our neighbors (we had an inside room on Upper Deck).

Did you have a non-connecting room? I've read a lot of complaints (on various lines) that connecting rooms seem to share more noise.

Sorry guys, I had a sick kid and didnt get to finish! I need to let a lot of stuff sink in before I really write up my final review. I do have more complaints, enough so that I think I will head back to Royal for our next cruise. But to be fair, I want to take a few days. Now on to questions!

Vince Strong is currently the Piano Bar player on the Dream. He took over after Damian Brell.

When we were on this past week, I believe the atrium pianist came up for some quieter pre-dinner music, and then later in the evening is when Vince played.

Yes, this is correct :) Thanks!

One thing I am waiting to hear is how things work out when trying to get off the ship at ports. On the 12/3 sailing, some days we got off right away, but one day we had to wait a long time while hundreds of people were already pouring back onto the ship. It was only set up to do one-way traffic which seemed silly, so they would let a ton of people flow back onto the ship and get through security; meanwhile a line formed the other direction before they would finally halt the oncoming group and let us through so our S&S cards could be punched and we could get off the ship.

Surely they can come up with a better system than what they used that day.

They had just one line for incoming and finally half the time they would open the outgoing for incoming traffic. We didnt do peak times so it wasnt really a wait for us in either direction. Although I got so pissed at the guests sometimes! There was a huge group of like 20 family members that on more than one occassion were gathered at the elevator waiting for more to come down. They were blocking us from getting off!

Did you have a non-connecting room? I've read a lot of complaints (on various lines) that connecting rooms seem to share more noise.

Yes, we had a connecting room. I wont do that again unless I am connecting to my kids!

Yes, we had a connecting room. I wont do that again unless I am connecting to my kids!

We try to avoid them for that reason. It seems strange to me that cabins are not more sound-proof but maybe that would add more weight to the vessel, which costs more in fuel.

I am with Mom Jenn...I am cruising as well with my wife and some friends (their first time) in June on the dream, and I am not worried at all by the poor reviews...theres always going to be a few bad moments...its just making the best out of your vacation that matters. I am looking forward to more of these live updates.

Archived