Carnival Dining Room w/Toddler Question

sweetmelissa

Hi everyone,

For those of you who have cruised Carnival with toddlers before...

Does the dining room have cups with lids and straws for toddlers?

I am just trying to determine whether or not I will need to bring a cup with lid to the dining room in the evenings so that my son doesn't make a total mess of himself in the first 10 minutes of dinner.

Thank you!

Just pick up a few disposable ones. You can wash them in the cabin and toss at the end. We found some at Dollar Tree for $1 so I picked them up for my 1 yr old. 4 yr old has done well with the goblets for about a yr now. You would think with as many kids sail on that lone they would at least have cups with lids and straws.

You would think with as many kids sail on that lone they would at least have cups with lids and straws.

Some cruise lines have a "save the waves" program where they avoid using extra disposable items like styrofoam cups and straws. I have noticed that Royal and Carnival avoid disposable items like that wherever possible - always opting for glass and hard plastic.

I can imagine that is cuts down on waste.

Some cruise lines have a "save the waves" program where they avoid using extra disposable items like styrofoam cups and straws. I have noticed that Royal and Carnival avoid disposable items like that wherever possible - always opting for glass and hard plastic.

I can imagine that is cuts down on waste.

makes sense. I did see something in Carnival cabins about them being environmentally friendly and trying to cut down on waste. Well in that case they should sell them in the gift shop for those unlucky people who dont know about this board and come unprepared.

Archived