Celebrity new menu must haves

stipmom

Every Captains Club member (repeat customer) received an invitation to a galley tour on the Constellation's Jan 3, 2010 Panama Canal tour. We also received an invitation for a bridge tour.

That is definitely not the norm. Galley and bridge tours are now typically an Elite Perk (used to be Select as well--I was bummed b/c this changed just in time for our recent first cruise as Select members).

On average, the Main Dining Room (MDR) exceeded our expectations, which had been lowered by our 2004 cruise on the same ship and another cruise on NCL earlier this year. We feel that, on average, the MDR matches the mean of the poll at the link below, namely “High-quality hotel catered meal, such as for a wedding or special event.” However, in our opinion, about 30% of the meals exceeded that average by quite a bit. A small minority were below the average.

Read the poll and associated comments at:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1093838

This sums up our recent Equinox experience. Exceeded our expectations--better than the year before on Solstice. There were 7 people at our table with varying tastes/expectations and all were very happy.

• 4 weeks later...

Is it just me who finds these new menus just nothing to write home about!?! We have just been on the Equinox and was disppointed it just wasn't anything special anymore. The veggi curry was made of canned vegetables for example. If you ordered steamed vegitables then it was mass market deep freeze stuff. The meats cuts are often tough and douced in gravy otherwise they would taste like saw dust.

The smaller portions however were much better

This is the very first cruise where I never finshed the main course - even though I was already ordering 1/2 portions. On some days they were completely dreadful - just not Celebrity as it was.....

Thank you sj for a fantastic presentation. We will be on a 14 night-er, later this year, on the Constellation; and, I assume that our menus will probably be the same. My only problem is that I often find more than one item on the menu that I prefer; hence, choices, choices etc.

Archived