Celebrity new menu must haves

stipmom

patience32,

Classic Dinner Favorites

Appetizers: Chilled Jumbo Shrimp Cocktail, Escargots a la Bourguignonne, Celebrity Antipasti Platter

Soups & Salads: Baked French Onion Soup, Creamy Lobster Bisque, Caprese Salad, Classic Caesar Salad

Entrees:

Fresh Alaskan Salmon, Herb Marinated Grilled Chicken Breast, Grilled New York Sirloin Steak.

"Choice Of" Side Dishes: Baby Peas, Steamed Green Beans, Broccoli, Rice Pilaf, Mashed Potatoes or loaded Baked Potato with Traditional Toppins

Desserts: New York Cheesecake, Apple Pie a la Mode, Creme Brulee

A selection of Domestic and imported Cheeses served with Crackers and Biscuits

FWIW, the shrimp cocktail had 4 medium sized shrimp, no extra charge to order more than one cocktail:D

Yes, CruisinCrow, you can get escargots every night!

The Bistro is located in the back of the Oceanview Cafe. At night, it is transformed into the Oceanview Bistro, complete with tablecloths and sit-down service. No extra cost to eat there but the suggested tip is $2/person.

We might not get a chance to try the new menu. Our last 3 experiences in the main dining room on the Century and Constellation have not been positive (combination of food and service issues). The ONLY good meals we have enjoyed were in Murano and Ocean Liners (and those were very good). Thus, for our 12/30 Century sailing we have booked all 5 evenings in Murano. In actuality, since I was somewhat late in making our reservations we only were able to lock in 4 nights - the one night we couldn't book was New Year's Eve (Formal night). Once onboard, if we are not able to make a reservation for that popular night, I'm not sure we will want to show up for 1 night in the main dining room.

... does anyone know if the specialty restaurant menus have been changed in the last year?

Tom

new menu old menu - who remembers. We just got of the Century Transatlantic 14 days. We did the same cruise a year ago and thought the food was excellent. It was even better this year. Great cruise .. the staff was even more attentive in my opinion aqnd that is hard to do.

new menu old menu - who remembers. We just got of the Century Transatlantic 14 days. We did the same cruise a year ago and thought the food was excellent. It was even better this year. Great cruise .. the staff was even more attentive in my opinion aqnd that is hard to do.

Then you're likely just the person to ask... has the menu in Murano changed over the last year?

Tom

We just got off the 14 day Solstice TA...loved, loved the food!

We have been on the Solstice before and tried all the Speciality restos. This time the food in MDR was so good, we didn't go to one of the speciality restos in 14 days.

Also, the menus were different for all 14 days, no repeats!

My wife, and extended family are sailing on the Summit on Feb 20th, for our annual family cruise after trying a couple of NCL and Princess sailings - It'll actually be our first X sailing since 2007

One of Princess advantages over X was their everyday available selection in the MDR so I'm elated to see X now incorporate this into their menus - the idea of being able to have a french onion soup, NY steak, or shrimp cocktail every night, if the evenings selections fail to impress is a truly wonderful idea

jc

toronto

Thank you for posting these.

Does anyone know if a seven night cruise uses days one through seven's menus?

We went on the Galley tour on Century and they discussed this. There are 14 menus and they mix them up based on whats on hand (and the quality) and what the Head Chef feels like. So on a 7 day you might have menus 2,13,7,10,1,11,4. They do try to make sure there is no significant overlap on the entres between days (example no 3 straight days of chicken or lamb). Don't know if they take into account folks on back 2 backs.

"We went on the Galley tour on Century ..."

How does one book a Galley tour? We would love to do this, and tried to book the Chef's dinner on our Princess cruise but it fell through. Is this something that's done regularly, or is it an Elite perk?

Thanks!

How does one book a Galley tour? We would love to do this, and tried to book the Chef's dinner on our Princess cruise but it fell through. Is this something that's done regularly, or is it an Elite perk?

Thanks!

We were Elite but I'm not sure if its restricted. Someone posted something earlier that all Captains Club members were invited on their cruise but you have to sign up. I believe these are only offered during sea days (likewise bridge tours). It would also depend on the number of Captains Club members. We had a huge number on our TA but they seemed to accomadate everyone - of course we also had 8 sea days.

We too recently returned from a 12 nite mercury cruise. We really enjoyed the food. Agree with the above, the lamb dishes were delicious. Even the leg of lamb served at the deck barbeque was great. also loved being able to get escargot anytime. enjoyed the pork chop and the short ribs as well!

We too recently returned from a 12 nite mercury cruise. We really enjoyed the food. Agree with the above, the lamb dishes were delicious. Even the leg of lamb served at the deck barbeque was great. also loved being able to get escargot anytime. enjoyed the pork chop and the short ribs as well!

We had lamb several times and only complaint would be sometimes you could only get it medium to medium well. We really like ours rare to medium rare. Loved the short ribs and was very, very jealous about the pork chop my tablemate had - looked wonderful and he said it tasted wonderful.

• 1 month later...

How does one book a Galley tour? ... is it an Elite perk?

Every Captains Club member (repeat customer) received an invitation to a galley tour on the Constellation's Jan 3, 2010 Panama Canal tour. We also received an invitation for a bridge tour.

I have been on Celebrity with the old menus . Now that the menus have changed I'm wondering what people really enjoyed from the new menus.I'm sailing on the Summit in three weeks. Thanks

I met someone aboard who stated "the buffet has the same food as the main dining room". It does not! While the buffet was quite good, better than any of our previous cruises, it does NOT have tandoori chicken, milk fed veal chop, beef wellington, duck breast, etc.

We just returned from a Panama Canal cruise aboard the Celebrity Constellation and I am reporting our view of the Main Dining Rom experience.

On average, the Main Dining Room (MDR) exceeded our expectations, which had been lowered by our 2004 cruise on the same ship and another cruise on NCL earlier this year. We feel that, on average, the MDR matches the mean of the poll at the link below, namely “High-quality hotel catered meal, such as for a wedding or special event.” However, in our opinion, about 30% of the meals exceeded that average by quite a bit. A small minority were below the average.

Read the poll and associated comments at:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1093838

IMG_0546.jpg.7d7d32e485945380a7ef6560adf9e84c.jpg

Archived