Do we get a refund if Port Charges Drop

Chacooe

When I was looking at for drops in cabin prices for my cruise in January on the Carnival Splendor, I noticed that the Government Fees had dropped from $70.57 to $59.79pp. I know that it is only $11.78 difference, but can we ask for that difference back as well. Just wondering.

When I was looking at for drops in cabin prices for my cruise in January on the Carnival Splendor, I noticed that the Government Fees had dropped from $70.57 to $59.79pp. I know that it is only $11.78 difference, but can we ask for that difference back as well. Just wondering.

I think you are thinking that port charges are part of the taxes and fees added on. Port charges are not broken out, except by a few TAs, and are included in the cruise fare you bought and are not added on (at least they are not added on in over 10 years now, they used to be).

Taxes and fees, if they went down, Id go and ask for the difference.

Chacooe,

I have noticed our fees have automatically been adjusted a few times in the past. After final payment the adjustments were credited back to my CC and prior to final payment they just adjusted the amount due. I noticed fees were added to our S&S account one time.

Chacooe,

I have noticed our fees have automatically been adjusted a few times in the past. After final payment the adjustments were credited back to my CC and prior to final payment they just adjusted the amount due. I noticed fees were added to our S&S account one time.

Mine went up on Ecstasy and my TA said they could add them to my S&S card if I didnt pay the difference. I had a price drop, and they agreed to take them out of the price drop last January. I thought no way they would add them to my S&S card, first Id heard they could .... interesting you post they did to you.

Mine went up on Ecstasy and my TA said they could add them to my S&S card if I didnt pay the difference. I had a price drop, and they agreed to take them out of the price drop last January. I thought no way they would add them to my S&S card, first Id heard they could .... interesting you post they did to you.

Firefly333,

Miami port charges were added too now that I think about it. I don't recall the amount, but it was on S&S.

Archived