Assigned room with Guarantee Booking Question

robtx100

I booked a GTY Balcony for our cruise a couple of weeks ago. I could have done the past guest discount and picked an exact 8C cabin, however, at the time there was only one 8A left and 2 8Cs, so I went with the GTY knowing the odds of getting higher than an 8C were in my favor. We were assigned an 8D on deck 8 under the entrance to the buffet port side. I see that there is an 8D available on deck 9. Will Carnival allow me to switch 8D cabins without additional fees? Booking code was PCD.

Carnival will tell you no. RCL allows you to pick a different cabin, but Carnival is pretty much no to changing since you allowed them to pick a cabin. I gather you got a 8D for a 8A price so enjoy??

You can call (doesnt cost to call), sometimes a TA has managed to get a cabin changed, but usually they refuse. RCL is different about this than Carnival, unfortunately for you. Enjoy the upgrade.

The kind of posts where someone managed to get a cabin changed, were like parents who booked 2 cabins, put one adult in each guaranteed cabin, and claimed their PVP promised them cabins close together and they raised holy stink and managed to get moved .... so I know sometimes they will if you push hard enough.

The kind of posts where someone managed to get a cabin changed, were like parents who booked 2 cabins, put one adult in each guaranteed cabin, and claimed their PVP promised them cabins close together and they raised holy stink and managed to get moved .... so I know sometimes they will if you push hard enough.

Not what happened with us... but I suppose it could work!:)

Archived