Today would be a good day to Cruise...

Scott_F

This is the part of the year that we have about 5 days of sunshine over the next 4 months in Michigan. So, I'll be thinking "today is a great day to cruise" a lot over that time. You really have to like gray skies to live in Michigan. BTW, the 5 days that we do have sun are usually accompanied by sub zero (or close) temps.

If you are from PGH (my favorite adopted home town) -- you will understand -- I'd even take a barge on the Yough (did that once, wedding reception, actually very nice, left from Station Square, do they still do that?) -- C

Yep....the Gateway Clipper Fleet is alive and well!!

But...if you left from Station Square you were on the Mon ;)....not the Yough :( .

Just about any day is a good day to be cruising.

My dad returns tomorrow from his 10 night cruise on the Equinox. My father in law sailed on the Miracle right after Thanksgiving. Only 153 days till the Miracle.

This is the part of the year that we have about 5 days of sunshine over the next 4 months in Michigan. So, I'll be thinking "today is a great day to cruise" a lot over that time. You really have to like gray skies to live in Michigan. BTW, the 5 days that we do have sun are usually accompanied by sub zero (or close) temps.

I hear what you are saying...That is why we cruise in January.....:rolleyes:

If you are from PGH (my favorite adopted home town) -- you will understand -- I'd even take a barge on the Yough (did that once, wedding reception, actually very nice, left from Station Square, do they still do that?) -- C

LOL...You didn't take a barge on the Yough leaving Station Square.:) The Yough flows into the Mon at McKeesport, which is close to where I am from (Glassport). :) I used to swim across the Yough from Liberty Boro to Christy Park when I was a kid.

LOL...You didn't take a barge on the Yough leaving Station Square.:) The Yough flows into the Mon at McKeesport, which is close to where I am from (Glassport). :) I used to swim across the Yough from Liberty Boro to Christy Park when I was a kid.

Yes indeed I stand corrected! Lived there while at Pitt for about 4 years -- over 25 years ago! Couldn't keep all those winding streets straight either, then or now, but loved that when you get lost, usually you just wander around a bit til you see something familiar. Being male, I wouldn't think of asking directions!:)

Archived