Taxi or Car Service Stop for soda in Miami?

LWcalif

Taking a red-eye from the west coast & arriving at 7:45 am for our 4:00 pm cruise. Last time we took a taxi from the Miami airport and he stopped at a quickie mart for soda on our way to the ship. Are there any town car companies that include a "stop on the way" in their fares? If so, are they any cheaper than a cab?

I can't drink caffeine, so I need to stop and buy some caffeine free diet soda to bring with us on our cruise.

Easier than you think. I've used "Miami Limousine" cars on several occasions and always ask the driver to stop at a local store on the way to my hotel or meeting for the very same reason. I've never had a problem and they always appreciate the extra $10 I add to the tip.

Also, there is a mini drugstore/mini mart in Miami airport near baggage claim where we did some last minute shopping for a few items we forgot to pack. Prices might be a bit high but we found them not too bad. Does avoid the rush into the store while the cab is waiting, and the extra tip.

Archived