Post cruise flight time out of Seattle

Sue from Canada

You probably would be okay, but my suggestion would be to take a cab to the airport. The HAL shuttle can be very slow loading up and getting on the road. We have never taken it, but have witnessed people sitting and waiting on the bus while other pax take their sweet time with their luggage, etc. You will want to be first off the ship and hop right into a taxi. Seatac is a good way from the ship and traffic can be a problem in Seattle and on I-5.

You probably would be okay, but my suggestion would be to take a cab to the airport. The HAL shuttle can be very slow loading up and getting on the road. We have never taken it, but have witnessed people sitting and waiting on the bus while other pax take their sweet time with their luggage, etc. You will want to be first off the ship and hop right into a taxi. Seatac is a good way from the ship and traffic can be a problem in Seattle and on I-5.

Thanks for the replies. My only concern was getting a taxi. Or, I could book a limo.

Taxi won't cost much more than the bus, and you can ask for early disembarkation. 11:40 flight time should work out ok if you plan on leaving early.

Transfer from Pier 91 (where the ship docks) to the airport vs Taxi cost as of May 17th 2009:

Grey Line Bus Transfer $27.00

Taxi $50.00 plus tip

BUT 11:40 is cutting it a bit tight!! You might want to try for an afternoon flight just in case something happens and the ship is delayed getting in on time, traffic snarl up etc...

Joanie

Seattle traffic can be bad at times.

And pier 91 is futher from the airport than where the old pier used to be.

We use AlreadyThereTownCar -- $50.

I think I'd feel better booking with AlredayThereTownCar. As I'd be connecting in Chicago to fly back to Canada, I'm limited in flight times. Guess I'll keep looking at other airlines and a later flight if possible. Thanks to all for your comments.

Archived