Suffering from post cruise depression

FlipFlopFanatic

My last cruise was 10/08 and I had PCD (post cruise depression), and a bad case of it at that. The only way I dealt with it was by taking a break from CC. It was just too sad reading about all the upcoming cruises. Once I get to around 90 days out from our Dream cruise, I am back.:p Good luck!

I really think they need to have classes on how to adjust back to the real world.

We are 39 days out from ours but has been over a year since our last. I to can't not handle CC until I am within close range to going. I love the stories and reviews and keeping up to date but makes me to sad!!

We just got off the Fascination on Saturday and had a wonderful time. But now I'm so depressed.:( How will I ever make it to next December??? I'm so sad.

we get home and book another cruise:D helps the depression all the time

I am hoping to sneak in a little on sometime this summer...I just don't know if it's possible financially.:( I just couldn't get over the fact that nobody was there to turn down my bed for me....and there was no towel animal waiting there at the foot of my bed. I literally had tears in my eyes. We are in Pittsburgh...where the sun NEVER shines. I don't know how I will make it through winter. I can't leave CC though...it may be the only thing that will help me. If I can't BE on a ship I suppose the next best thing is to read about them. I'll be booking in Jan. for December. So from now till then..I'll be here on CC and researching ports and ships. I am just so thankful we are able to cruise. We are all so lucky!

I am hoping to sneak in a little on sometime this summer...I just don't know if it's possible financially.:( I just couldn't get over the fact that nobody was there to turn down my bed for me....and there was no towel animal waiting there at the foot of my bed. I literally had tears in my eyes. We are in Pittsburgh...where the sun NEVER shines. I don't know how I will make it through winter. I can't leave CC though...it may be the only thing that will help me. If I can't BE on a ship I suppose the next best thing is to read about them. I'll be booking in Jan. for December. So from now till then..I'll be here on CC and researching ports and ships. I am just so thankful we are able to cruise. We are all so lucky!

Me too.....I just came back from my cruise on the Liberty Nov1st. I am 6 weeks back into the "real world". I did something I dont usually do so soon; I booked my next cruise on the Freedom for next September! I also need to have my daily fix of CC! And yes, I also count myself among the very fortuneate to be able to cruise from time to time.:)

Hey FlipFlopFanatic....It's me...I am crushed right along with you, I mean we can't even stalk each other anymore (lol)- Your dad did a wonderful job singing in the talent show. I too am looking to book my next cruise-I am hoping maybe late august or sept, even though the ship was decorated beautifully. I must admit, I loved my company the best, but the activities and singers and clubs were more hopping on the other Carnival Cruises. I think our ship catered to an older crowd-normally the karoke and other bars are packed along with the Lido deck, it was just a laid back cruise, but I had a blast regardless, whats not to like when you are treated like royalty. We had rainy day of traveling Saturday and I moped all day Sunday-still haven't unpacked yet, but thought I would check out the deals for next cruise take care.

Dear FlipFlopFanatic,

I couldn't have expressed it better. I'm so remotely located you would not believe it. Snow and cold worse than east coast or Colorado. Had to cancel a big turning 50 cruise. June 2009 4-day on Paradise saved me. Hang in there. This place saves me as well as fun searches elsewhere and knowing your last few lines to the depths. Things will get better with economy...just know it...sjn911. I also lived in dark Oregon 20 plus years. Believe me I get it. You are not alone.

It doesnt totally go away.. even if you have one planned. We are going next month and yesterday(the 14th) was the start date of our first cruise and all this week I keep thinking "i was in 90 degree weather today a year ago" or "i was on the beach a year ago" then of course my work had to make it worse by playing "Margaritavile" over the intercom..I wanted to cry!!

I've cruised late Dec the last few years, and sometimes January. I have also found a quick cruise in August helps to get me by. This year I diden't cruise Aug and I really felt it around Sept. I really seem to need that quick late summer cruise. I'm looking at the Fascination for next Aug, and the price looks good.

It doesnt totally go away.. even if you have one planned. We are going next month and yesterday(the 14th) was the start date of our first cruise and all this week I keep thinking "i was in 90 degree weather today a year ago" or "i was on the beach a year ago" then of course my work had to make it worse by playing "Margaritavile" over the intercom..I wanted to cry!!

Last night my 5 year old son was trying to sing Margaritaville, but he didn't know the words. He had heard the song quite a bit on our cruise last month. I put on a Jimmy Buffet CD, and he was singing the song. Meanwhile I was suffering from Post Cruise Depression just listeneing to that song.

I guess I had better book another cruise pronto!

We just got off the Fascination on Saturday and had a wonderful time. But now I'm so depressed.:( How will I ever make it to next December??? I'm so sad.

If at all possible......book an earlier cruise! Even if it is a 3, 4, or 5 day, it will help you cope.:) I think most of us on this board suffer from the same kind of depression you do.

If at all possible......book an earlier cruise! Even if it is a 3, 4, or 5 day, it will help you cope.:) I think most of us on this board suffer from the same kind of depression you do.

I just popped back here..from a fellow brown eyed soul this is a heart warming post. I had to cancel a special Birthday cruise this year and instead of saving more and waiting more...I took a 4 day on Carnival

Paradise in June. Spent twenty years mostly working with minimal travel

and I had recently moved back to state of origin for last few years to do what I could with and for family of origin...I can honestly say I got a 2 weeks worth trip out of this shorter getaway due to need and grace..because it was a 4 day...I think it kept the over the top stuff down...and there was lively single, married, family, all age brackett fun

to be had. I found quiet, chatting, playing, dancing, lounging, fine dining,

sleeping...you name it when I needed it and I was actually asssisting some older ladies..another option..I had tons of freedom on this option..again Grace...sjn911

I hear ya -- but bet you aren't as depressed as the folks who might miss their cruise tomorrow cuz of the weather ... hope they all make it!

Book another cruise you can look forward to, and in the meantime think of your time on land as an extended shore excursion. :D

HAHA Thats a GREAT way to look at it! :)

I agree here too...sometimes I just decide if roads good enough i'm going to go on an excursion to a different 2 o 3 places...sometimes I let the car surprise me..not reallly but I hope you know what I mean...turn into even a quickstop I've never been to and nose around and make that one of three things..don't tease me please rather remote here...Once I met Bonnie Raitt doing this...a major surprise and what a sweet lady...sjn911.

I agree here too...sometimes I just decide if roads good enough i'm going to go on an excursion to a different 2 o 3 places..sometimes I let the car surprise me..not reallly but I hope you know what I mean...turn into even a quickstop I've never been to and nose around and make that one of three things..don't tease me please rather remote here...Once I met Bonnie Raitt doing this...a major surprise and what a sweet lady...sjn911.

That's awesome.

Hey Nunu...Yup a real shocker excursion that was. Thanks...and best to

stay a little upbeat for awhile don't ya think? :cool::o;)!!![/quote

Prooving humour ability but I will never be as good as you Nunu....

Or do you think this Polyanna stuff is highly over rated?:)

Archived