Carnival Victory Question

ginabav

Hi Everybody!

I'm a first time poster and first time cruiser and had a few questions. I was looking into the Southern Carribean Cruise on the Victory and was doing some research and saw that it didnt get the best reviews. This would be my first cruise and it would be my honeymoon. Some reviews said the ship didnt have much to do on it and the food wasnt that good. Any suggestions? These seemed to be the ideal islands for us, but if you have a better suggestion, we are up for that too. Thanks! Gina

Hi Everybody!

I'm a first time poster and first time cruiser and had a few questions. I was looking into the Southern Carribean Cruise on the Victory and was doing some research and saw that it didnt get the best reviews. This would be my first cruise and it would be my honeymoon. Some reviews said the ship didnt have much to do on it and the food wasnt that good. Any suggestions? These seemed to be the ideal islands for us, but if you have a better suggestion, we are up for that too. Thanks! Gina

Gina, take all of the reviews (both good and bad) with a grain of salt. If you want to honeymoon on a cruise, you will have a great time. Food is very subjective (I have seen people eating the same thing at the same table rave and harshly critic the same meal).

All that being said, there a couple of points regarding food on the Victory. Every day is a port day (no sea days). So that may temper early seating requests (not wanting to leave a port early for dinner. I did the southern cruise back when the Destiny did this route (about 4 years ago) and can't remember too much about the shows. Great beaches...

I think the food is pretty standard from one Carnival ship to another, same menus.

I would take the food thing with a grain of salt. Some people like some foods better than others. Changing to another ship, the food would be pretty much the same.

Main differences, different CD running the show, different decorating etc.

We were just on the Victory - I thought the food was great!! Its a great cruise - the ports are wonderful - it was busy too for me and I probaly will not do a cruise that busy again - but that's just me, I missed my sea days. The Victory was a nice ship with lots to offer, again we were to tired to enjoy the ship in the evenings. It is a great value too I think because its priced really really well for all the ports you get. Just a busy one.

Hi Everybody!

Next week I'll be doing the Victory for the second time this year! Best cruise I ever did. Hands down.

Go. Enjoy. You won't be let down. Promise. :D

just on victory last month. loved it. you wake up on a different island everyday. what could be better than that?!?!:) you'll have atleast 8 hours at every port so you could do a short morning excursion and take it easy on the ship by the pool one day if you choose. dominica is not known for it's pristine beaches unlike barbados and st. thomas. that might help you decide which days to make beach days. try cosol(independent tour) in st. lucia. we did a two hour morning excursion in st. kitts and spent the rest of the day onboard getting massages and just taking it easy. we didn't go to st. martin so i can't help you there. i hope you decide to give victory a chance, we're doing it again next year. hope this helps you decide. please feel free to ask any questions, i'll be happy to help if i can!!!:)

We were on the Victory in October and had a wonderful cruise. The only negative thing about this southern itinerary is that there are no sea days, so we made one at Dominica (been there before, and no beaches).

Love the ship and the ports. Barbados is probably my favorite island of all.

We were on this cruise back in October. Loved it! We loved having no sea days and exploring a new island every day. It was only our second cruise so all of the ports were new to us. I would take this same cruise again in a minute. We thought the food was excellent too. Not too many activities on the ship, but we cruise for the locations, not the ship, so that didn't bother us at all. We went with the late dining so that we could grab a late snack after exploring the islands/excursions and then get a nap in before getting ready for dinner. We felt we got more bang for our buck since there were more ports and no sea days. And we stayed an extra night in San Juan before and an extra night after, just to explore OSJ which is a great place.

We were just on the Victory in early September. We loved the ship, food, and itinerary. Anyone would.

Don't know what they mean by "not much to do on the ship". There are clubs everywhere! Plus, you're stopping at a different island EVERY DAY! Not much to do? Oh, and you'll be on your honeymoon, so I'm sure you'll be busy with other things. :D There's plenty to do.

You can look at my trip on my blog. Click the link in my signature. Warning; it's long, but you'll get a good idea of what it was like. ;)

The only negative thing about this southern itinerary is that there are no sea days, so we made one at Dominica (been there before, and no beaches).

If you have never been to Dominica, all I can say is dont stay on the ship! Where else could you get an experience like this!

DSCF0252.jpg

But, nothing says you have to get off at each stop!

Assuming you mean "leave the ship" :o:D let me say, you can easily do this cruise and not be worn out from the frequent stops. I thought the same thing before we went. It was actually very relaxing. You can make it as intensive or as laid back as you like. ;)

I just got back from this cruise myself and have been posting my review under the title "Another Victory Review"

Without repeating the entire review this cruise was well worth it. Yes it is port intensive but as was said previously you can make of it what you want. Nothing says you have to take an excursion or even leave the ship every port. And many of the excursions leave plenty of time for shopping, sunning, sleeping or :eek: whatever :rolleyes:.

If you go you will enjoy it I'm sure. And there is P-L-E-N-T-Y to do on the ship.

Good luck and happy sailing.

:cool:Brad:cool:

On a honeymoon, I'd prefer to spend more relaxing time. This itinerary is PORT INTENSIVE, and you come back needing a vacation.

But, nothing says you have to get off at each stop!

I concur - that's why we are spending 4 nights in San Juan in conjuction with our cruise! :D :D :D :D :D

I loved waking up every morning, opening the curtains and saying "WOW!" Every island was different and beautiful. I did this cruise in October and would leave this Sunday if we had the time and money! LOL. The food was good! The service we received was great! (The bartenders know us by name after the 2nd day) We had a blast! Do not hesitate to take this one!

Archived