which room! lol

ok, so I will be cruising solo in May on the Majesty. I would *love* a balcony and am considering a junior suite. but, for 1/2 the cost I can get an oceanview room. I dont plan on being in my room all that much...but I know if I have the balcony i'll use it! lol

part of me is thinking that other $300 could be used for something else. but, the other part of me is saying to "spoil myself"...lol

any thoughts?

thanks

Simple answer - it has to be your choice!

What I or others will tell you has no bearing on how you want to cruise.

I can't imagine myself cruising unless I have a balcony. Others are happy with inside staterooms.

This has been discussed here about million times. Everybody has different opinions and nobody is wrong.

If you can afford the balcony/suite, go for it and I assure you, you won't regret it, but an ocean view or inside is just as good if you prefer to spend the money somewhere else.

At the end, nobody can really answer the question for you. You will have to decide, pay for it, and hopefully whatever you chose, you will be happy with.

Have a wonderful cruise!

I read a comment on these boards by a solo traveler who said she never books a balcony room when traveling alone because she doesn't want to be tempted to hang out in her room. Booking a less inviting cabin forces her out on deck where she can meet more of her fellow passengers.

Something to consider...

ok, so I will be cruising solo in May on the Majesty. I would *love* a balcony and am considering a junior suite. but, for 1/2 the cost I can get an oceanview room. I dont plan on being in my room all that much...but I know if I have the balcony i'll use it! lol

part of me is thinking that other $300 could be used for something else. but, the other part of me is saying to "spoil myself"...lol

any thoughts?

thanks

We quit booking the JS's. We just felt it was too big for the two of us. The couch and 2 chairs are nice but if we want to read a book or just lounge and check out the scenry we either want to be on deck or in a public area. All that space was just a waste and not spending as much on each cruise allowed us to cruise much more often than we would have otherwise. Just our 2 cents worth.

Enjoy your cruise!

Archived