Son will turn 16 while on the cruise....

newtocruise10

Yes, you can absolutely buy a cake from Carnival. I ordered the large chocolate cake for my mom on our last cruise since we were celebrating her birthday. It was delicioius! We aren't celebrating any birthdays or anything next time, but we're getting a cake anyway. You can also pay to have the cabin decorated but I just bring my own stuff. It's cheaper and you can personalize it more. You can order the cake once you get on the ship, but I would do it from Carnival's website prior to your trip just so that you already have it done.

If you have the cake delivered to the dining room the night of his birthday, they will sing. If you think that would embarrass him, it can be placed in the cabin at embarkation.

It's really good with the soft serve ice cream from the lido deck later too :)

Stop by the party supply store before you pack. Get the assorted items that will add to the festive occasion. Party hats (get extra for your table-mates and servers) - noise makers - whatever strikes your fancy. Hide them in your luggage and talk to your server the first night to get them into the act. They will jump at the chance to be part of the party !

If you have the early seating, you can get into the dining room early and set the table with your party favors.

We had 2 adults in our party of 10 that were surprised and embarassed when the hats and cake came out (they shared their 60th BD on board)

Talk directly to whoever you booked your cruise with. They will tell you the best way to make this happen. there may be a fee for a whole cake that says happy birthday but at a minimum if you tell the waiter DS's dessert will have a candle.

Even if you have late seating, if you tell the matre'd I bet you can get in the DR 2 minutes early to decorate or they will do it for you if it's not too elaborate.

I agree with you. As his mom it is your God given right to embarrass him. i mean, seriously look at the exposed position you probably were in when he was born. :D

• 2 weeks later...

We celebrated our daughter's b-day on our first cruise, and we went to formalities and ordered the cake, and they delivered it to our table and sang to her. She thought it was the best thing ever. It was an excellent cake also. She loved our waiters so much, that she shared her cake with them. They were the best. On all of our other cruises, we compare our wait staff to them. They have all been good, noone has taken their place at the top yet.

Archived