Carnival Q4 Profits fall 48%

Sargent_Schultz

I guess if Motel 6 is a persons idea of a good room then they would be very happy with the so called suites on Carnival.

:rolleyes: yourself.

I really don't get this obsessive fascination with putting down other folks who make different spending decisions.

I find Carnival's suites to be consistent with RC's Junior suites (RC's lowest category of suites). They have the same perks and are similar size. Although, RC's JS's have coffee and tea makers. With a little research, the prices can also be comparable.

Fair enough. I don't drink coffee, so I've never noticed the lack of a coffee maker. :D

That said I can't be certain, but I doubt Royal's lowest JS fares are comparable to Carnival's lowest suite fares. I'll do more research for my next cruise and let you know.

That said, I can't be certain, but I doubt Royal's lowest JS fares are comparable to Carnival's lowest suite fares. I'll do more research for my next cruise and let you know.

Now hold on....that's not what I said. I'm almost certain that if you start pulling up cruises, you will almost always find CCL to be cheaper. It takes some work.

RC typically discounts their prices closer to cruise time, especially for those who qualify for military, police/fire, or age 55+ discounts. On my most recent cruise with a JS reservation, with my military discount, I paid $850 pp for a Junior Suite on an 8 night cruise. Subtract the $150 diamond discount, and my rate was $700 pp.

All that you mentioned is BS. A Carnival cheerleader that doesn't have their facts straight. Burgers are free if you want one, so is the steak, no charge for a lounge by the pool, no cost for past guest party. Totally BS answers by another non informed Carnivore.:rolleyes:

The words were "GOOD!"

If you want a burger in hot greasy water, that's free[ still seems like an overcharge] If you want a 'good' burger from their little diner concessionaire, THERE'S A CHARGE FOR THAT!

If you want one of those 2 slices of 1/4 thin brown things covered in canned gravy, that's free. If you want a 'CHOPS' steak in the DR, THERE'S A CHARGE FOR THAT! [And it is NOT worth the $14.95 upcharge]

Past Guest party, would you care for a drink? THERE'S A CHARGE FOR THAT!

Who is misinformed? Somebody, but its not me!

Why did you not also erroneously accuse me of being misinformed about the room service charge that RCL has and Carnival does not?

NAME ANY charge imposed on a Carnival cruiser that RCL does not also do. Please, ONE, or as many as you can. I've listed a few for RCL, you list some for Carnival.

We were charged to use the Sanctuary for the day.

Yes for services of the Sanctuary........but if you just want to swim in the pool it is free of charge.......we found that out on the Crown.....we found it to be too boring just like the adult area on RCCL........we like the main pool area better.........

The words were "GOOD!"

If you want a burger in hot greasy water, that's free[ still seems like an overcharge] If you want a 'good' burger from their little diner concessionaire, THERE'S A CHARGE FOR THAT!

Are you referring to Royal Caribbean, or just certain ships? Have you ever cruised Radiance Class? If so, have you not eaten in the Seaview Cafe? The burgers are made to order and are free.

Are you referring to Royal Caribbean, or just certain ships? Have you ever cruised Radiance Class? If so, have you not eaten in the Seaview Cafe? The burgers are made to order and are free.

Actually they were like that on the Monarch also.....they had a barbque out on the lido deck by the pool.........

NAME ANY charge imposed on a Carnival cruiser that RCL does not also do. Please, ONE, or as many as you can. I've listed a few for RCL, you list some for Carnival.

An extra $5 for the specialty restaurant. An extra .50 for a beer. An extra $1 for a cocktail. An extra .25 pp per day for tips.

Like I've said a hundred times now.....it still works out even in the end.

Sure, but who is going to set straight the Kool Aid drinkers on Royal Caribbean? :D

And why are there Kool Aid drinkers anyway? At the risk of being repetitive, this whole "cruise line pride" thing is very reminiscent of mental illness.

I also cover that board.

And yes, the undying loyalty, everyone else sucks, cruise line pride thing is pretty disgusting.

And yes, the undying loyalty, everyone else sucks, cruise line pride thing is pretty disgusting.

I agree, it's so silly (and I'm not excusing the Carnival cheerleaders here. who shall remain nameless). Choosing a cruise line is not a matter of pride, it's purely a business value proposition. We all end up spending where we feel we're getting the most for our money. We all have different priorities, and different companies satisfy those priorities in different ways.

FACT: I filled out no vouchers for gratuities. I handed out no vouchers for gratuities. The charge for gratuities does appear on my account. 12 RCL cruises, I have never done a voucher for gratuities, yet have always paid them. Not exactly how the process works, I don't know or care, I count the grats as part of the cruise and pay little attention to them. What I do know is that if you ask at the Purser's if you don't do a voucher, will the crew get their tips, the answer is YES!

Are you sure you are recalling RCI? Were you on My Time Dining? That is the only way RCI automatically adds your tips. Otherwise, you have to fill out a form on board to have this done. And when this is done, you get vouchers in your room on the last day to hand out in envelopes.

Are you sure you are recalling RCI? Were you on My Time Dining? That is the only way RCI automatically adds your tips. Otherwise, you have to fill out a form on board to have this done. And when this is done, you get vouchers in your room on the last day to hand out in envelopes.

You copied what I posted. It says what it says, and it is RCL I'm posting about. The only time I have done Anytime Dining, is on Princess. And when there is a choice I will only do traditional.

Without any question it has been more than 15 years since I have handed a waiter anything but a cash overtip. NO envelopes, no vouchers, Nada! If I'm not going to give the waiter an extra cash tip, I simply leave the DR at my time,whatever time that is [on CCL its as soon as the "singing" starts.]

And follow you? You're so blinded by loyalty you have no grasp on the facts.

Am I missing something? These good folks are on a CARNIVAL THREAD speaking highly of Carnival. You slogged your way over here all the way from your RCCL side of the house just to stir discontent, and yet THESE good folks are blindly loyal? You're actually taking the time to go on a Carnival thread to demean those that favor Carnival and to expound upon the virtues of RCCL, and yet you call them blindly loyal. I find that to be kind of pathetic and sad.

I'm not a Carnival "groupie", or whatever else you would choose to call me. I've cruised on Royal Caribbean twice, Disney once, and never on Carnival. My first cruise with Carnival will be in 40 days...on the Dream. Those are my references. Yours are suspiciously still not in the offing.

Well then, I have to throw the B.S. flag. Either you are still not remembering correctly, or you are being deceptive. RCI has never handled their tipping the way you describe, let alone for this to have supposedly happened to you 12 times. RCI is still on a cash tip system, unless you are on MTD, elect to pre-pay before the cruise, or you physically fill out the form on board. Regardless of what you choose, you still get envelopes in your room addressed to each tipped employee; and if pre-paid, you get vouchers to put in them.

Of the RCCL brands, only Celebrity automatic adds tips to your account and does not use vouchers or envelopes.

We sailed on Royal Caribbean Voyager of the Seas in March and they automatically added tips to our bill. I did not have to fill anything out. I was not on MTD. We did not get any envelopes in our room either and did not have any pre-paid vouchers.

Holy moly...this thread really went to heck in a handbasket' date=' didn't it?

Strayed from the OP like an unattended 2 year old.....[/quote']

Yep. Ever since some RCCL crumb crunchers decided to embarrass themselves.

Maybe one day RCCL will know what it is like to be able to pay cash for a ship. I see someone was dumb enough to help RCCL with financing the Allure. Looks like Finland is subsidizing their ship builders now.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Royal-Caribbean-gets-apf-1493053431.html?x=0&.v=1

They are really looking through rose colored glasses to expect RCCL to be viable in 2011.

We sailed on Royal Caribbean Voyager of the Seas in March and they automatically added tips to our bill. I did not have to fill anything out. I was not on MTD. We did not get any envelopes in our room either and did not have any pre-paid vouchers.

Well then, according to the morally bankrupt Carnival bashing fans of the fiscally bankrupt RCL, you and I must be psychotic liars.

Archived