US Air from Boston

Cruiser21

I have a Cabin on hold for the Serenade of the seas for Feb 19. My problem is there is no air through the cruise line and need to make my own arrangements. US Air has what I am looking for but am concerned that they will go under, they seem to have the most available out of Boston. Any help would be appreciated.

This senario would be on 2 safe Airlines

Would need 2 overnight stays in Ft. Lauderdale but it can be done on Air Tran and Spirit Airlines. Not sure of the total cost for 2 nights in a Hotel in Ft. Lauderdale. You would need a Hotel Room the night of Friday the 18th and Sunday the 26th.

Don't Laugh anyone but here it goes. lol

Air Tran flights are $366.80 total per person and the Spirit Airline Flights are $201.00..................Total per person $567.80

Outbound Flights

Friday February 18

3:30pm Depart Boston Flight 775

5:00pm Arrive Philadelphia PA,

connecting

7:30pm Depart Philadelphia, PA Flight 771

9:38 pm Arrive Ft. Lauderdale

Return flights

Sunday February 27

11:55am Depart Ft. Lauderdale Flight 756

2:36pm Arrive Philadelphia, PA.

connecting

5:35pm Depart Philadelphia, PA. Flight 780

6:55pm Arrive Boston. MA.

Any other airports you would fly from besides Boston? Is Hartford an option for you or is that to far away?

Forget Hartford and Providence that week as well. That is school vacation week throughought practically all of New England. Your best bet, if you have kids, is to take them out of school a few days early and send them back a few days late and pay for a hotel to extend your vacation. Either that or pay the high prices for the air. People started buying air for that week in March of last year.

I have a Cabin on hold for the Serenade of the seas for Feb 19. My problem is there is no air through the cruise line and need to make my own arrangements. US Air has what I am looking for but am concerned that they will go under, they seem to have the most available out of Boston. Any help would be appreciated.

Reported on WBZ this morning that cash has been free'd up from a Gov't guaranteed loan and they will be able to continue through end of June.

American Airlines flies at least twice a day between Boston (Logan) and San Juan. Why not look at them if you're worried about US Air? Forget the double overnight to save a few bucks - it's a hassle!!! Any money you save on the tickets will go to the hotel, plus you will have to pay for transportation to and from FLL and you'll have to recheck your bags the next day. Why bother when you can go *DIRECT* *NON-STOP* from Boston?

Where are you finding direct flights from Bos to SanJuan on American Airlines? Could not find.

American has TWO nonstop flights from BOS to SJU and ONE nonstop flight returning. Unfortunately, pricing them returns a price of almost $1300 per person.

American has TWO nonstop flights from BOS to SJU and ONE nonstop flight returning. Unfortunately, pricing them returns a price of almost $1300 per person.

Actually, American Airlines has THREE nonstop flights from BOS to SJU and THREE nonstop flights from SJU to BOS. Fares of the $1300 per person range only apply for fully refundable fares. Nonrefundable fares are much less. The flight info for BOS to SJU is as follows:

Airline Flt. Departs Time Arrives Time Via

American 1019 BOS 7:05am SJU 11:56am nonstop

American 1065 BOS 9:20am SJU 2:10pm nonstop

American 401 BOS 12:11pm SJU 5:03pm nonstop

Still think my way may be the cheapest even with the hotel stays.

Many hotels close the airport offer free shuttle service to and from the airport.

http://hotels%20in%20ft.lauderdale/

At such a late date booking airfare this may be the cheapest way to go. I would hope no one would ever book a $1300 to $1450 per person Air Tickets even if it was non stop.

Jimbo:)

• 2 weeks later...

You better book but quick! That's Feb. vacation here in MA & you will be lucky to get a flight. I would also consider flying down the day b4.

US Air may be your best option. Did you try JetBlue & Song? They have nonstops? American has been running very high on prices.

Archived