How many famous people should I expect to meet?

Mr. Y

Hey Gang,

I'm cruising on Inspiration on Feb. 18. What kind of famous people should I expect to meet? My hoss met Jeff Foxworthy on a Carnival cruise 12 years ago.

Thanks Gang.

My first cruise was over Christmas 5 years ago and I saw santa. Really now he is very famous.

A friend of mine just got off a Disney Cruise and he saw Mickey Mouse.

When I am on vacation or anywhere for that matter I could care less if I run into anyone who is famous. I have better things to do with my life.

I live in Connecticut and am in NYC quite often. I have seen many celebrities out on the street and in restaurants and stores . Almost all have been very friendly when you stop and say Hi.

I would never mob them or ask fo ran autograph.

My aunt was secretary to a theatrical agent and lawyer in Manhattan for almost 30 years. She dealt with the great, the near great, the not so great. the has beens, and the never weres in show business.

She always said People wouldn't idolize them if you knew them like she did.

My niece worked for several years at one of the major hotels on the strip in Vegas and her job was to make arrangements for the VIP's and make sure they got the perks they were entitled to. She would agree with your aunt.

Mr. Why

It looks like we will be on the same cruise in Feb. and so your aware there will be a celeb aboard (Rick Laramore). I think we should track him down and see if he is willing to do shots with us till we cant stand:eek: I always enjoy giving celebs a "hard time" in public places.

Shared the elevator with Tyra Banks on my last RCCL cruise, they were filming that model show on our cruise and pretty much screwed everything up by being there, but we did get free drinks one night because of one of the screw ups so I guess it could have been worse. Living in So Cal and having my wife work at Universal, have seen many celebs, no big deal really, in person they're not much to look at most times and are many are really quite small which is always amusing.

Many years ago I shared an elevator with Barbra Streisand. She was VERY nice. So was Shirley Temple-Black, who at the time was an Ambassador.

I've met some celebrities who were nice, and some who were NOT so nice (i.e. Kate Jackson & now ex-husband Andrew Stevens, and also Al Pacino).

But I agree with the poster who said that it's surprising how much smaller they are in person (literally and figuratively). ;)

Sharon :D

Mr. Bean

Good to hear you will be cruising with me and my hosses. Never heard of Lattimore, but maybe one of my hosses has. I'm more of a Jack hoss when it comes to shot, but I'm sure the fine bartender can mix it up for us. Mr. Bean, I'm glad that you informed me that someone famous will be on the cruise. I always enjoy sharing a conversation and a drink with a celebrity.

Thanks gang for all your help about the famous people that cruise carnival.

What the heck is a hoss?

Hey, it is only your 12th post....you don't know us very well yet:D;)

That sent me googling to figure out what he was saying also. To the original question. The "so called" celebrity on a ship once was "Susan Anton". I think they expected us to gape in amazement and pack the show the night she was there. Really???

I think it depends on the type of ship you are on and where it sails from. The big time celebs fly directly to the resorts these days.

I met Richard Dypress (Mr. Holland's Opus) on a cruise a few year ago. My wife and him had a good chat while waiting for an elevator one night. I was tempted to ask him if he written any more Opus but didn't.
I would have asked him if he thought we needed a bigger boat.

Hey Gang,

I did not appreciate the dang hosses ridiculing my post. I just asked a simple question about seeing a famous people and I got jumped on. Thanks to the hosses that treated my post seriously.

Hey Mr. Y, welcome to Cruise Critic! I noticed some quite rude & smart alec remarks too. Some people on here are just nasty. However, try not to let it bother you, since CC is a wealth of information. Enjoy your cruise!!

Mr. Bean

Good to hear you will be cruising with me and my hosses. Never heard of Lattimore, but maybe one of my hosses has. I'm more of a Jack hoss when it comes to shot, but I'm sure the fine bartender can mix it up for us. Mr. Bean, I'm glad that you informed me that someone famous will be on the cruise. I always enjoy sharing a conversation and a drink with a celebrity.

Thanks gang for all your help about the famous people that cruise carnival.

But do they enjoy sharing a drink and some conversation with your hossness?

My last cruise I had the pleasure of meeting: JJ and Madelein Astor, JB Ismay, the Countess of Tothes, Lord Ashburton, Benjamin Guggenheim, Molly Brown. Our captain, John Smith, seemed rather detached. I loved his beard, though.

And ..... NO ONE bites? Seriously? Nobody caught this?

This a rather titanic post that seems to be beneath the others.

Did you see Lorbiecki?

Last year, my daughter and her friends met Reba McIntire and her family on a NCL cruise out of Barcelona. In fact, my daughter and her friends had been partying with Reba's son, neices and nephews throughout the week. It was actually not until the end of the cruise that they saw them all together and realized who they had been with all week. (By the way, they said she was very nice and very down to earth.)

Carol

If you're really lucky, you might get to meet Funship Freddy! :)

ROTFL! :D

I mean absolutely no offense or disrespect to you in any way so please don't be ...

I just found it funny that with all that has been reported, someone named Heidi HO knows where Tiger Woods is right now

*LOL* :)

OMG! That is hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D

To the OP - as others have said, it is highly unllikely that you will meet celebrities onboard....not impossible, but highly unlikely. Just go on his cruise with the expectation that you won't meet anyone "famous", and be pleasantly surprised if/when you do.

We met Bobby Flay on a cruise 2 yrs ago on NCL, and this made it a very memorable cruise. Totally unexpected!

Archived