Royal Suite question - CENTURY

Tom-n-Cheryl

I saw the following note (on the Celebrity site) regarding the amenities in the Royal Suite on the Century:

> Separate living room with a dining area and a 40" LCD-HD television including a Harmon Kardon home theater system with DVD

I would like to know if it's possible to plug in (via an AUX jack) my mp3 player into the "home theater system". Is this system composed of a receiver and multiple speakers, or is this "system" simply a DVD player hooked up to the TV? If it's a real "system", how is the sound quality?

The reason I ask is that we enjoy having music in our room. On our last cruise (9 nights) I took along a 3 piece computer speaker system (w/woofer) to give just enough "kick" - though not enough to disturb our neighbors. Our favored time is in the late afternoon and when getting ready for dinner.

Thanks,

Tom

So... I posted this question 10 days prior to our sailing (now 4 days out), and have yet to get "the answer". If this continues it will mark my first experience where fellow CC'ers did not come through.

I know you ("The One") are out there, but do you read the boards? :eek:

Tom

... and you also have to wonder: so they have this nice "HD" TV, but do they have any source/content with is actually HD ?? :rolleyes:

In our favorite suite (S1 and S2 on the Carnival Sensation) they have Sony Blu-ray players attached to both TV's - and plugging into that Yamaha Sound Bar yields some fairly substantial sound!

501131712_uMi3z-L.jpg

501131939_bzU7Q-M.jpg

... someone else out there must OD (pics wise) like I do!

Tom

... and you also have to wonder: so they have this nice "HD" TV, but do they have any source/content with is actually HD ?? :rolleyes:

In our favorite suite (S1 and S2 on the Carnival Sensation) they have Sony Blu-ray players attached to both TV's - and plugging into that Yamaha Sound Bar yields some fairly substantial sound!

501131712_uMi3z-L.jpg

501131939_bzU7Q-M.jpg

... someone else out there must OD (pics wise) like I do!

Tom

Tom, not sure if this is a help. Like I mentioned we didn't try to do what you want. Also the Harmon system conked out when we first tried it.

I wll say when the technician came up to try to fix it I did notice the speakers (which were two small speakers and a woofer) were wired using 8-ohm (or whatever) wires vs. your normal plug in type jack. But it seemed as if there where other jack like things in the back.

Sorry if not too helpful but I'm guessing if you have one that works plugging in a stereo audio jack should work but again - no first hand experience.

Tom, not sure if this is a help. Like I mentioned we didn't try to do what you want. Also the Harmon system conked out when we first tried it.

I wll say when the technician came up to try to fix it I did notice the speakers (which were two small speakers and a woofer) were wired using 8-ohm (or whatever) wires vs. your normal plug in type jack. But it seemed as if there where other jack like things in the back.

Sorry if not too helpful but I'm guessing if you have one that works plugging in a stereo audio jack should work but again - no first hand experience.

Thanks again - and seeing that there were multiple speakers is a plus. Hopefully the system in our room will be fully functional!

Tom

UPDATE...

The answer is: THERE IS NO AUX INPUT, even if there was, it wouldn't matter - the 5 year old piece of junk does not work anyway. Can't even play a DVD...:rolleyes:

But that's OK.. paying over $3,000 for a 5 night cruise, why should I expect the cabin to have a FUNCTIONAL "Home Theater System". Celebrity only says on their website that it will be in the room...:mad:

Tom

Oh my! Count to 10, take a deep cleansing breath, and go out and enjoy that 297 square foot balcony!

I hope the rest of that suite has been sweet for you!

PS someone else mentioned that theirs didn't work either. When your cruise is over, can you post that cabin number? We were in the RS in April and the system worked great. DVDs and the sound system (which sounded great to us). We were in 1046.

Oh my! Count to 10, take a deep cleansing breath, and go out and enjoy that 297 square foot balcony!

I hope the rest of that suite has been sweet for you!

PS someone else mentioned that theirs didn't work either. When your cruise is over, can you post that cabin number? We were in the RS in April and the system worked great. DVDs and the sound system (which sounded great to us). We were in 1046.

We are in 1040 - all in all, it's a nice spacious room.

Tom

Archived