CCL website price question

MiMiof2

I booked ES for the Sensation Jan 17th.

Price shows 249.00 until I click "Resident" rate for Florida, then it shows 209.00

BUT, when I click on "Details" the lowest price showing is 249.00 no matter the number of guests (2-5) I enter.

Where is the 209.00 rate?

Am I missing something here?

Thanks !

It may be due to the category of cabin you are looking for/at. Sometimes the lowest (resident or past guest) rate shows up, but it may be for, say, an 8A. When you click "details", an 8C shows up at a higher rate, cause all the 8A's are sold out, hence the higher price!

Price shows 249.00 until I click "Resident" rate for Florida, then it shows 209.00

BUT, when I click on "Details" the lowest price showing is 249.00 no matter the number of guests (2-5) I enter.

Thanks !

Call Carnival direct and ask what the lowest rate is for the cabin type you would like. They will tell you and then you can decide.

It may be due to the category of cabin you are looking for/at. Sometimes the lowest (resident or past guest) rate shows up, but it may be for, say, an 8A. When you click "details", an 8C shows up at a higher rate, cause all the 8A's are sold out, hence the higher price!

I checked all cabin cats :( Its nowhere.

Call Carnival direct and ask what the lowest rate is for the cabin type you would like. They will tell you and then you can decide.

Thanks, I will try that. Should i take the best of the 3 answers I will get from cs ? :D

I am happy with the price I bought at, so no biggie. An extra DOD would have been nice, tho . :p

I agree, call your PVP..if you don't have one now, you will by the time you hang up the phone!

( And I'm horribly jealous you can cruise so cheaply!)

I am wondering why I waited so long to START cruisin ! ?!

Booked with a PVP for this cruise, so I will try to call after work.

Thank you to all for the quick replies !

It is a glitch in the computer system. (giving CCL the benefit of the doubt)

I went through this a couple of weeks ago, talked to 8 people in various departments and spent a good 4 hours on the phone.

The lower price was in fact NEVER OFFERED in my state. It was NOT a case of the computer having not been updated (as I was initially told) or "the last rooms at that price" being sold out.

Thanks !

this morning, When I search for this cruise (Sensation, January 17th 2010) with 55+, Past guest and Florida entered, I get the rates page displayed with Past guest ($249), 55+ ($209) and no Residency rate (indicating that there's currently no Residency Rate offered for Florida). ????

If you click on the 55+ Senior Rate $209 you get a display for the $209 rate; click on EDIT (or CATEGORY) on that page and you'll see the display with the (55+) rates for all the Categories; $209 is for 1A and 4A.

ken

Archived