Celebrity/Royal Caribbean cancelling babysitting??

boulders

Over on the Celebrity board, there's a report that Celebrity has made a corporate decision to discontinue in cabin babysitting. Does anyone have any info about the current status of babysitting on Celebrity or RCCL? If they do cancel babysitting, the 2 lines will be going down a couple of notches in my books. :mad:

Can anyone verify that two people must now babysit regardless of how many children you have? I kind of like the idea yet it does seem to be a waste of resources. I hope if they do away with in cabin they offer some other alternative. I would like very much (selfish reasons as my little one is almost 2) if they would lower the age to 2 years old for the kids club.

I can only verify the 2-person rule for Royal Caribbean (since I went through it last week and even spoke with the Service Manager on the ship). I would think the same for Celebrity, but someone else will need to chime in.

Can anyone verify that two people must now babysit regardless of how many children you have? I kind of like the idea yet it does seem to be a waste of resources. I hope if they do away with in cabin they offer some other alternative. I would like very much (selfish reasons as my little one is almost 2) if they would lower the age to 2 years old for the kids club.

I can also confirm the new 2 sitter per child policy. I was on the 12/5 Oasis sailing and no in-room babysitting was available. The nursery was great, however, and I will not sail on any other class of ship until my daughter is 3 from now on. They would only say that there had been "problems" with the in-room sitting and did not know if it would resume at some point. I really think they need to update their website with up-to-the-minute ship-specific information as they are making a promise they are not keeping in my opinion.

Archived