No more in-room babysitting on Celebrity!

Gatrcruzer

Hi all,

I just found this forum by sheer luck. My wife and I are planning a cruise for our 10 year anniversary in May, and we need to bring our 7 month old daughter with us. As such, we need a cruise with babysitting services, but almost all of them seem to be for age 1 and up, or some even age 3 and up. From all the research I have done, it seems that our only options are Disney and Carnival.

Does anybody know if any other cruise lines offer babysitting for children as young as 7 months? Also, after some of the reviews of Carnival, I'm a bit apprehensive. Can anyone weigh in on experience with sitting services on Carnival?

Thanks!

This will really boil your blood. Babysitting is still mentioned on their website!

http://www.celebritycruises.co.uk/FAQ/#Family%20Facilities

then hit "Family Facilities"

If it's any comfort, we couldn't even get an in-room babysitter on X (Galaxy). They were all booked out. Perhaps it was something you have to sign up for the first day.

If anyone contacts them, please mention that some less-than-attentive parents might actually leave their children alone in the room (asleep but still...) I live in France where parents think nothing of leaving a sleeping child and running an errand, even in the car. Not offering baby sitting could preclude an even uglier incident.

I would be interested to know if there is any information on this incident.

Please note that X does not specialize in catering to families. I will say, from experience, that they took great care of our children in the club. We actually delayed cruising until our youngest was 3, since our selections are fewer here in Europe than in the Caribbean. Since that's where most of you cruise, and you have so many choices, perhaps X should be considered an "only after age 3" line for families.

If anyone contacts them, please mention that some less-than-attentive parents might actually leave their children alone in the room (asleep but still...) I live in France where parents think nothing of leaving a sleeping child and running an errand, even in the car. Not offering baby sitting could preclude an even uglier incident.

I would be interested to know if there is any information on this incident.

I don't think they would care, as I'd wager that it's all about CYA legally. If they offer babysitting and you sue them for something that happens -- they are potentially liable. If a parent chooses to leave a sleeping child unsupervised in their cabin and something happens as a result of the parent's negligence -- I think that would be much, much harder to sue the cruiseline on.

I too wonder what kind of incident it was. I am guessing some kind of abuse allegation, because some ships are responding by requiring two babysitters -- so they have a witness?

Archived