Need your help to Choose!

bellaprincess98

Hi Everyone,

I know that you get these questions 100 times a day but I do need advice and would very much appreciate and value your opinions.

After much research I have three that I've FINALLY narrowed down to.

Royal Carribbean - Freedom of the seas - 7 Nights Eastern Carribbean.

Carnival- Liberty- 7 Nights- Cozumel, Cayman, Jamaica

Disney- Wonder- 4 Nights- Bahamas. (With this one we'd probably do 2 days at disney world as well)

We are myself 29, DH 35, Two Boys( will be 6 and 3 by the time we cruise)

Which would you choose!

Thanks.

I've never been on the exact ships you are considering... but I have been on Carnival and RC cruises. There are def a ton of things to do in all of the ports of call you are considering. Disney probably is the most expensive of the 3, right? So, it really depends on money (in my opinion). I'm an avid RC cruiser and recently considered a Disney cruise... but the price, in the end, turned me away. I grew up in Orlando, though, so it's not really a novelty to me.

RC has amazing ships, word class service, and excellent food. I'm dying to try the Freedom class-- especially for my young son, as it seems they have a wonderful assortment of things to do for children his age (he'll be 3 in March).

Personally, I'm turned off by the Bahamas ports of call. If you do the Disney Bahamas cruise-- the ship will be the destination. Both Eastern and Western ports are family friendly and you'll find a ton of info on these boards for things to do with kids.

have fun!!:cool:

Hi Everyone,

I know that you get these questions 100 times a day but I do need advice and would very much appreciate and value your opinions.

After much research I have three that I've FINALLY narrowed down to.

Royal Carribbean - Freedom of the seas - 7 Nights Eastern Carribbean.

Carnival- Liberty- 7 Nights- Cozumel, Cayman, Jamaica

Disney- Wonder- 4 Nights- Bahamas. (With this one we'd probably do 2 days at disney world as well)

We are myself 29, DH 35, Two Boys( will be 6 and 3 by the time we cruise)

Which would you choose!

Thanks.

My first reaction was to say, given the ages of your children, to select the Disney Cruise. However, having to pack and unpack for a 4 day cruise and then 2 days in the park would be exhausting with two young children.

Having said that, definitely, I would suggest RCI's Freedom of the Seas. We've done that ship before and it's absolutely amazing. And I personally prefer the Eastern Carib itinerary as well.

I would wait on the Disney trip until the youngest is a bit older....at 3, they really can't appreciate the "magic" that is Disneyworld! If you wait until the 3 year old is 6, everyone will have a MUCH better time....Your then 9 year old will REALLY be able to appreciate all of the attractions...it's sooooo much more than "rides".

I have to agree--RCI's Freedom (and the Eastern route) is the way I'd go!

I've been on two of those 3 exact ships with kids that age and I agree, Freedom of the Seas is the way to go. And Eastern is a perfect itinerary for that age.

With that being said....have your kids ever been to Disney? If they haven't ever been, then I would go with 2-3 days Disney World and 4 days Wonder.

Every child needs to go to Disney at least once. :D

Just done 2 wks on the independence (freedom class) followed by a week at disney with a 3 1/2 yr old and I'd go with freedom. A 3 yr old is definately not too young to enjoy the "magic" of disney, our DD went aged 6 mths and again aged 3 1/2 and both times loved every miute. When we returned this time and asked her which was best however she changes her mind each time, one min its kids club on cruise and the next its disneyworld, we however definately preferred the cruise!

Archived