In port 10-6; how much time to I really have (if doing a non-ship tour)?

sendtodb

So we will be in port from 10am - 6pm. Was going to do a non-ship tour. Considering people with ship-sponsered tours get off the ship first, how much time do I really have to enjoy Roatan?

Maybe I can get off by 11?!? Taxi to a destination by 11:30 or so, and then need to leave destination by 4:30 or 5? Don't even know yet about the time difference.

One other piece of info that may affect our plans: 4 boats in port that day with 11,994total passengers. Not sure how that would affect port congestion, etc.

Thanks folks!

sendtodb,

First, both ports in Roatan have piers and most ships dock. If docked the issue of getting off the boat after ship excursions is moot. You can walk off at any time. You didn't specify which ship you are on. If you're on a Carnival ship or Princess ship, most likely you'll be up in Mahogany Bay. Two ships in MBCC will mean a bit of a crowd on their new beach. To get away, you'll have to grab a cab or arrange a tour with an independent like Rony or Victor. But there'll be plenty of time to enjoy the island,given your time there. Cabs to the West End beaches are around $20 pp each way.

If you're suppose to be in Coxen Hole, there might be an issue of tendering if your ship is the second to arrive. But you'll be okay in your timing. Maya Keys would be the closest place to go to a beach. Again the West End would be your other option. I beleive the zip lines all require prior reservations usually through an independent tour operator. Pirates of the Caribbean may be different. gumbalinda park can be done via a cab ride. You'll need to arrange the rdrivers return to pick you up where ever you cab to on the island.

What ever you do, enjoy your visit.

Ask them for their island tour, unless you want to spend the day at the beach. They'll give you a good show. Plus they will take you to Victor's house to see the animals and gets some cashews. Victor also has his own zip line.

Since you'll be docking at MBCC, just be aware, you will have to exit the premises and take a shuttle up to the independent tour operaters area to locate your tour. However, on return they can drive you back tot he dock.

Archived