Pipedreams62 Live from The Amsterschwartz.... Holidays Thru The Panama Canal

pipedreams62

Good evening everybody. I'm determined to make it to the first page. I'm doing a live report and I'm buried 4 pages back. The mug that lost it's color in the dishwasher 14 days ago is still on the first page:eek:

Don't worry I've got a team of scientists working round the clock trying to correct the ceramic and it's reaction to the pigment of various paints.

I always tear up leaving Guatemala,what a great tour we took the other day. (2 days ago) We went with Go with Gus Tours. Gus couldn't make it,but he left us in good hands with Oscar and two ladies. We were the only ones on the tour and what a tour we got.

We first went to a macadamia farm,then to a coffee plantation,then for lunch then to all the sights in Antiqua. What a stunning beautiful place. We have loads of pics which I'll share when we get back.

Yesterday was a relaxing sea day and New Years Eve was fantastic. They had it in the Queens lounge. They had a live band and dancing . At 12 oclock our captain rang the ships bell on stage and we all had a grand celebration. He announced that his first resolution was to get those dam mugs dishwasher safe,so the cruise critic people could get a nights sleep.:p

We are anchored tonight and are having dinner at the pinnacle. Then off to bed and we are waking up at 4:30 am to scope out our best spot for going thru the canal. They are having a poolside barbeque now (yes there's that one guy that has to swim laps in a speedo while everybody eats their ribs):eek:

Happy New Years Everybody!!!!!!!:):)

Oh how I wish I was there with you....the snorkeling sounds wonderful. The heat also sounds wonderful....I love sun and heat.....as long as I can get wet! Keep up the great work with your reports. Makes me feel back at home on that great ship!

To the guy in the speedo doing laps whilst you are eating ribs? That is way too funny.

Well, we had our lobster dinner last night for New Year's eve. and we are boring next to you. I didn't even baste it in beer. In bed by 9. How fun are we.

Enjoy the cruise thru the Canal. That is so next on my list.:) Of things to do.

Susie

I'll be dam#ed if I'll let this thread slip to page 4 again behind fading mugs and formal night clothing threads...:D

Anybody know when the transit is? On off days, whilst watching a ball game or two, I'll have the PC Locks webcams up to watch the ships go by, maybe we'll see our boy today...

http://www.pancanal.com/eng/photo/camera-java.html

Gotta love Karma, went out for taco's and bowling, come back and 5 minutes later - what pulls into frame? Couldn't find ONE Panamanian to wipe the lens though...

cap30.jpg

cap34.jpg

cap50.jpg

cap55.jpg

Bon voyage Pipedream...

Hey, thanks for the photos. Way good.:)

Had a beautiful day in Cartagena. All this talk of overly aggressive vendors never saw it. A beautiful place with beautiful people. Gotta run it's the dessert extravaganza tonight. I'll make sure to take 4 chips worth of photos (that will keep me on the front page forever:p)

Later dudes

Had a beautiful day in Cartagena. All this talk of overly aggressive vendors never saw it. A beautiful place with beautiful people. Gotta run it's the dessert extravaganza tonight. I'll make sure to take 4 chips worth of photos (that will keep me on the front page forever:p)

Later dudes

Later dudes

See any Columbian military dudes with automatic weapons at your gangway? Enjoy the Carib! We're in your hometown; going back to our hometown tomorrow!

Later dudes

See any Columbian military dudes with automatic weapons at your gangway? Enjoy the Carib! We're in your hometown; going back to our hometown tomorrow!

He could be attending his lodge meeting tonight.

Loyal Order of Racoons meet in the Crows Nest-1900hrs.

Rich

Or he could be at one of those secret Masons meetings. My father was active in those, and they were always secret. He never told me.

But Loyal Order of the Racoons is good, or in my neighborhood: Loyal Order of the COYOTEES. I did see one dead recently, on the road. :eek: We have so many coyotees now that we are starting to call them pet names like Fifi, Mimi, Loverboy, and so forth.:)

Archived