Cruise Critic Cruises

1sttimer2009

Sorry in advance.. I have looked up&down and all around and I cannot find this.

What is the advantage of booking them and where is the link that lists all of them?

Advantage usually pricing.. and the added bonus of meeting a bunch of great people.. some who are now friends for life...:)

Here is the link

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24

Thank You Very Much!

Anytime:) If you find one that suits you.. jump in to the roll call which I am sure you know are always on the CC main board.. and get to know everyone before sailing.. it usually ends up to be one big happy family.. on the ODD very ODD chance you don't get along with some you will definitely find others that you mesh with.. go and enjoy;)

In addition to the great pricing and all the friends you'll make, the group cruises will usually offer one or more additional amenities....things like an OBC, private cocktail party and/or champagne and chocolates. There's also a Cruisecritic logo item and a discount on puchases of other Cruisecritic logowear.

In addition to the great pricing and all the friends you'll make, the group cruises will usually offer one or more additional amenities....things like an OBC, private cocktail party and/or champagne and chocolates. There's also a Cruisecritic logo item and a discount on puchases of other Cruisecritic logowear.

Yup also those amenities.. wanted to also mention that even if you don't book with the group.. you can join the roll call and always be accepted .. you just don't get those amenities.. I know for our April LOOTers Cruise.. alot of us that booked with the group.. have since changed to Early Saver rate.. we don't get the amenities but we still get to cruise with all our friends.. and we are going to pay for our own cocktail party.. which is I think around $12pp..so there are many options available.. you don't have to feel obligated to book with the group if you do happen to find cheaper pricing;)

The pricing used to be better, now its about even with early saver rates. Im betting the CC cruises are down in number signing up. Sometimes no pricing advantage, sometimes $20 ... depends.

The only advantage I can see is that you are with people that will become your friends and acquaintances.

Yes Steve. How dare you post an opinion on a website called CruiseCritic that does not conform to the Carnival Cheerleader Code of Ethics?

Jeez!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Sorry, I guess when everything is not all puppies and kittens that makes me bad.

The idea that the group rates are so good is a joke now.I already checked the CCL website and the cruise is cheaper for an inside than with this group.The OBC ofsets for now...if you even get it.

I also did a check on one of those quick sites and the OBC is only $8 difference now. So for $8 I would rather go ES rather than being locked in.

The $50 cancellation fee is also a joke.Why book and risk $50 when you don't need to.

Steve

Oh Sorry, wouldn't want to jeapardize your free cabin.

I also see that the TA is the garbage one that I mentioned above.Talk about TA screw ups,this is the place twice!!

For all those who think they are going to get the OBC with your group cruise they just might not!!!!!!

And when you get home without your OBC, they tell you they did find it.:rolleyes:

Well, the cruise is over,mail me a check for two cabins.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Can't do that, as it was in CCL records and it is for OBC use only.

Well it was in the original record and thanks to another screw up.

I posted on this board that I did not have a cabin assignment yet for my young daughters at the time. The CC group cruise leader decided to check into that on their own and posted the cabin numbers on this BB.:rolleyes:

So for safety, they had to move us to two new cabins a few days prior to sailing. So our OBC was not appled to the new cabins.

Many months later,after a small claims form being mailed to them,I got the money promised.

Lousy TA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CC was no help at all.I also think it was the largest CC group cruise to sail.

So would you be poed that your OBC was not there and then they told you your sool?

Steve

It seems you had an extraordinary thing happen to your group cruise.. we have been on 4 or 5 and have never had an issue with any OBC that was to be received... I think your issue was with your group leader posting info that you did not want to be posted.. therefore making you change cabins.. don't be angry at Crucon for that.. it is not their fault your GL screwed up.. place the blame where it belongs.. with your GL posting it.. and causing you to change cabins...:rolleyes:

Sorry, I guess when everything is not all puppies and kittens that makes me bad.

The idea that the group rates are so good is a joke now.I already checked the CCL website and the cruise is cheaper for an inside than with this group.The OBC ofsets for now...if you even get it.

I also did a check on one of those quick sites and the OBC is only $8 difference now. So for $8 I would rather go ES rather than being locked in.

The $50 cancellation fee is also a joke.Why book and risk $50 when you don't need to.

Steve

You are obviously not a fan of CC group cruises and have made your point clear.. please move on.. nobody has said that they are for everybody.. and obviously they are not for you.. Happy Sailing your next time out..

CC was no help at all.I also think it was the largest CC group cruise to sail.

Steve

I think Crazies had 275 in the end, they had some cancellations near the end.

For Crazies Too, I can book a cabin Id like better, a 1A but you cant book for two people in a 1A on a group cruise, so I cant get any OBC if I book a 1A. Id rather had a larger 1A mid deck on a higher deck or a larger port hole 1A then a regular inside.

I think its about $22 cheaper to book on my own ES (and thats counting the $75 OBC for the CC rates or the difference would be more). Im not counting on any price drops out of Galveston, but if there are some, I can get them. I could have saved about another $50 by transferring to a TA, but didnt transfer from my PVP in time.

Thats why I always post to check the prices not booking with the group. Its often cheaper now to not book with a CC group, depending on what you want to book.

You are correct Steve. I said the same thing several times, but just didnt get flamed like you did. Im told its because Im a RCL cheerleader is why I dont go rah rah rah.

I also left a message with the CC TA to save me a particular cabin, talked to her twice .... so 3 times she was told I wanted a particular cabin, which she gave away ... so I wouldnt use her anyway. I want a TA who is working to do what I want.

I was also wondering why the OBC was $100 and now its cut back to $75. That was the make or break on my decision too. If it had been $100 like the original cruise, then there would still have been a $3 edge to booking a regular inside guarantee, even if it wasnt as appealing of a cabin I would have gotten.

I think Crazies had 275 in the end, they had some cancellations near the end.

For Crazies Too, I can book a cabin Id like better, a 1A but you cant book for two people in a 1A on a group cruise, so I cant get any OBC if I book a 1A. Id rather had a larger 1A mid deck on a higher deck or a larger port hole 1A then a regular inside.

I think its about $22 cheaper to book on my own ES (and thats counting the $75 OBC for the CC rates or the difference would be more). Im not counting on any price drops out of Galveston, but if there are some, I can get them. I could have saved about another $50 by transferring to a TA, but didnt transfer from my PVP in time.

Thats why I always post to check the prices not booking with the group. Its often cheaper now to not book with a CC group, depending on what you want to book.

You are correct Steve. I said the same thing several times, but just didnt get flamed like you did. Im told its because Im a RCL cheerleader is why I dont go rah rah rah.

I also left a message with the CC TA to save me a particular cabin, talked to her twice .... so 3 times she was told I wanted a particular cabin, which she gave away ... so I wouldnt use her anyway. I want a TA who is working to do what I want.

I was also wondering why the OBC was $100 and now its cut back to $75. That was the make or break on my decision too. If it had been $100 like the original cruise, then there would still have been a $3 edge to booking a regular inside guarantee, even if it wasnt as appealing of a cabin I would have gotten.

I am used to it.:D I love RCL too.

Group cruises are no longer a deal. I would love to see all their faces when the cruiseline drops rates and all those who had ES get the cruise for a couple hundred cheaper. This cruise being an 8 instead of a 7 might have difficulty filling but we will see.

Steve

We have only been on one CC cruise.....(the Blogger's Cruise in February)....and they saved me $150.00 from Carnival's cheapest quote plus I got $75.00 OBC and all the amenities.......

I was thrilled!!!!!

PS: I know how much they saved me because I had already booked this cruise before I found out it was a CC cruise. I moved over to them and saved lots of money, since my original Carnival booking offered no OBC.

A total of $225.00 in my pocket (plus the party etc).....woo hoo!!!!

We have only been on one CC cruise.....(the Blogger's Cruise in February)....and they saved me $150.00 from Carnival's cheapest quote plus I got $75.00 OBC and all the amenities.......!!!

The first Crazies cruise I would have saved over $100 if I had booked with them. I had already booked with a TA who charges a cancellation or change fee, plus I had the secret 1A with 2 windows, so I kept it.

So, Im sure the Bloggers cruise was the same way, Carnival gave some great group prices last year. Thats why Im surprised and not happy that the latest prices arent a deal at all for CC groups. I do know CC makes some money on these bookings ... maybe they need to make less to make these a better deal. CC groups were the last good group deals I knew of. I hope Carnival starts giving better group prices than Iv seen the last few months.

Even the Dream cruise coming up in Feb, Host Mach said it was about a wash, $20 more or less for some depending on what was booked over the ES rates.

Steve is right on about the group pricing not being as good. Your cruise was last Feb ... things have changed since then, imo price wise for groups. .. at least the ones I priced, and Im a math person, Im going to add them up both ways.

Yup also those amenities.. wanted to also mention that even if you don't book with the group.. you can join the roll call and always be accepted .. you just don't get those amenities.. I know for our April LOOTers Cruise.. alot of us that booked with the group.. have since changed to Early Saver rate.. we don't get the amenities but we still get to cruise with all our friends.. and we are going to pay for our own cocktail party.. which is I think around $12pp..so there are many options available.. you don't have to feel obligated to book with the group if you do happen to find cheaper pricing;)

Steve is right on about the group pricing not being as good. Your cruise was last Feb ... things have changed since then, imo price wise for groups. .. at least the ones I priced, and Im a math person, Im going to add them up both ways.

I mentioned about ES rates for our April cruise coming up.. why did you completely ignore my post and jump on the Steve bandwagon that he is right.. my post does state that ES rates are cheaper as most of our CC group changed to them:confused::confused:

You are correct. Im sorry for ignoring you.

On the Crazies, even those booked with the group, they had to still pay for the Cocktail party. The OBC was the only group amenity.

You are so right. I think a lot of us are seeing the prices for groups not being as good as they used to be, which is a shame, now that I would book a CC group cruise. Took me a while to want to, now that I want to, the deals arent there.

sorry, forgive me?

There are still many good CC group deals to be had!:D Especially if you're not booked and ES rates are no longer available!;) It also depends on the cruise, time of year, and cabin category!:) Even when ES rates were, available, my group rates, OBC, and perks kept me ahead of the game!:cool: Group or no group, hope you all enjoy your next cruise!:D

You are correct. Im sorry for ignoring you.

On the Crazies, even those booked with the group, they had to still pay for the Cocktail party. The OBC was the only group amenity.

You are so right. I think a lot of us are seeing the prices for groups not being as good as they used to be, which is a shame, now that I would book a CC group cruise. Took me a while to want to, now that I want to, the deals arent there.

sorry, forgive me?

LOL no forgiveness needed here.. my point was to pay attention to all posts and not only those of the attention getters...:D

LOL no forgiveness needed here.. my point was to pay attention to all posts and not only those of the attention getters...:D

You caught me, I read your other posts, but somehow missed the first one. I must have skimmed right on by it. I didnt see your post, you are right.

I will be more carefull and read all your posts from now on :D

I have done CC group cruises in the past and am booked on the Liberty Looneys for Jan 15, 2011... the prices for that are incredibly low, just go click a link and see.

There is also a generous OBC and we usually organize a meet and greet. It is also a great way to meet people and maybe share an excursion, if you are an experienced cruiser and have figured out that it is best to avoid ship-sponsored tours when possible.

The TA the group tours use is fantastic. You have a real live person to talk to, who is the same every time. Not like the big online agencies who employ call centers in third world countries to service customers.

Hands-down, the rates beat the ES rates. I would not consider ES if there is the slightest possibility you may need to change your plans. The group booking charges a flat $50 cancel fee no matter when you cancel (regular Carnival cancel penalties apply if you cancel close to the sail date.)

Definitely consider a CC group cruise!

I have done CC group cruises in the past and am booked on the Liberty Looneys for Jan 15, 2011... the prices for that are incredibly low, just go click a link and see.

There is also a generous OBC and we usually organize a meet and greet. It is also a great way to meet people and maybe share an excursion, if you are an experienced cruiser and have figured out that it is best to avoid ship-sponsored tours when possible.

The TA the group tours use is fantastic. You have a real live person to talk to, who is the same every time. Not like the big online agencies who employ call centers in third world countries to service customers.

Hands-down, the rates beat the ES rates. I would not consider ES if there is the slightest possibility you may need to change your plans. The group booking charges a flat $50 cancel fee no matter when you cancel (regular Carnival cancel penalties apply if you cancel close to the sail date.)

Definitely consider a CC group cruise!

Just checked the carnival site and the ES rate is cheaper than the group rate. for the Liberty 1/15/2011, granted you pay a high deposit, but if the price goes down there OBC. We sailed Oct 24th for $570 pp for an 8D which is quite abit cheaper than the group cruise. We have looked at several upcoming group cruises and almost alway could book cheaper ourshelves.

Archived