We're Changing Our Plans, Will We Lose Our Money?

prettybrowneyes

Merry Christmas Everyone!!:)

My family and I are booked on the Dream's June 19th sailing. After discussion over Christmas dinner we have decided to change our plans and sail on the Inspiration on the same date. We booked through a travel agent, but the office will not be open until January and I really want to know if this is a wise move as far as money goes. Can some please tell me if those who have been making payments will lose their money, not including the deposit which was $50 or can that money be used as a credit toward the Inspiration.

If you booked using early saver rates, then its more complicated. You will be charged $50 pp and have to probably put up a new deposit, unless the TA can transfer the remainder. You only have one year to cruise to use the rest of the deposit under ES, so you would need to cruise next year, cant be in 2011.

If its not ES then it will be pretty easy.

The only other possible caveat is some TAs throw in a cancel or change fee on top of Carnvial's. (one of the reasons I now book direct).

Would need more information to tell you all the ramifications, especially what rate the TA booked you at.

Thanks Firefly. The booking is for a group cruise and we did not use the early saver plan. We have been booked since April 2008 to give everyone a chance to pay in full by March 2010.

The consensus was everyone could stand to lose 1/2 of the deposit (TA said it would be $25 when we booked). The concern was about the payments that have been sent over the past few months.

You should not lose anything as you are well before final payment. The TA should easily be able to transfer everything to the new booking since its a group fare, not ES.

Im sorry the TA is charging you $25 pp, but thats the downside to using a TA, Carnival group wouldnt have charged you anything.

Archived