Early embarkation question - Aqua Class

ken85121

We are booked into an Aqua Class cabin and I was reading on the Celebrity site that we get early embarkation. I searched the boards but can't seem to find what that exactly means. This will be our second cruise. I assume this means we get to board the ship earlier than noon but don't know Can someone help out? Thanks :)

You will not get on sooner. But there may be a separate checkin line for your aqua class passengers. On my last cruise on the Equinox, as I recall, there was no special line for Aqua class. Elite yes, suite yes.

In Fort Lauderdale there is a seperate check in line. You will easily be able to board before noon at FLL and the saved time will be due to the seperate check in line.

The last few cruises we've boarded there have been seperate lines for Suites, Elie & Select Captains Club, Concierge Class, Xpress Pass Holders, and now Aqua Class - and of course a line for everyone else. Frankly, most of the time they have all been pretty short to the point where it isn't clear which would be quicker.

Getting through the check in line is very efficient. Where a problem may arise (as it did on our 11/19 sailing and apparently on several other departures from Ft. Lauderdale) is in waiting to get onto the ship. There are no special priority lines here tmk; it was basically like cattle herded in a pen at that point. I felt bad for some of the elderly having to stand like that. Hopefully, these problems have been resolved. I was glad I didn't geto the port too early as it would just have resulted in a longer wait in line.

In Celebrity's defense, no one is promised early embarkation - we are all just anxious to start our wonderful cruise asap! Celebrity has no control over customs and other security regs and equipment can break down. It certainly didn't put a damper on our wonderful experience on the Equinox. I can't help thinking it had something to do with Oasis being in port! Hopefully that is all sorted out now.

Getting through the check in line is very efficient. Where a problem may arise (as it did on our 11/19 sailing and apparently on several other departures from Ft. Lauderdale) is in waiting to get onto the ship. There are no special priority lines here tmk; it was basically like cattle herded in a pen at that point. I felt bad for some of the elderly having to stand like that. Hopefully, these problems have been resolved. I was glad I didn't geto the port too early as it would just have resulted in a longer wait in line.

In Celebrity's defense, no one is promised early embarkation - we are all just anxious to start our wonderful cruise asap! Celebrity has no control over customs and other security regs and equipment can break down. It certainly didn't put a damper on our wonderful experience on the Equinox. I can't help thinking it had something to do with Oasis being in port! Hopefully that is all sorted out now.

I was on that cruise also and the delay was due to it being the first cruise out of North America for the ship. Everyone had to do inspections and this delayed the boarding process. They constantly kept us informed and as soon as the Coast Guard and Ice were finished we boarded. There was nothing they could do about delay...

We were getting off the Equinox on Nov 19 and our disembarkation was delayed at least a couple hours due to the inspections and reviews dkjreired indicated above, and perhaps also due to other issues which may or may not have been related the the ship's first time in port.

We've sailed out of Ft. Lauderdale about 5 times and I think they longest it's taken us from arrival at port to getting on the ship was about 1/2 hour, and a few of those times it was like we just walked through check-in and onto the ship - maybe 10 or 15 min total.

Most of us know that Celebrity's stated boarding time is usually 1 or 2PM. We also know you can almost always get on early -usually before noon and sometimes not much after 11. But if you're arriving early you have to be prepared for a greater chance of confusion, disorganization, and longer lines than if you arrive at, or after, the stated boarding time.

Archived