Dining at the Captain's Table

MyImagination

or how do they screen the people? last time I was on a RCL cruise, they invited a couple with 3 kids ranging from 6-12ish, they were so proper (ie: wait for the ladies to seat down first, etc) like they are from a royal family. I guess they don't just pick random people to sit with the captain?

Once on RCCL we were seated at an "Officers Table" for the entire cruise. Of course, the officer (in this case the chief engineer, think a cross between Scotty and the Swedish Chef :eek: ) only dined with us three nights (first night + the two formal nights). Otherwise, nothing special or spectacular, it was a standard round 10-top table. He *did* pick up the tab for the after-dinner cordials though. :D

I have no idea how this comes about, but on two cruises, I've had invitations to dine w/the captain at 'his table', which I did (solo cruiser) - large table for 8. Nice to have the comp wine service, after dinner liqueurs, etc. ......

... and once, many years ago, my friend and I had dinner in the Captain's Quarters - just the three of us.

I had a friend that was invited to dine at the Captain's table once on RCCL. She said she never would do it again! They didn't have a choice at dinner, just what the captain wanted everyone to eat, etc. She doesn't drink, so the free "liquid" refreshment was wasted on her!

Me, I would love it at least once.

We were seated with a group of people on the Destiny...the first night at dinner there was a horrible vibration that was somehow centered on our table. When we asked to be moved, the sat as at the captains table. There we stayed for the rest of the week, however the captain only dined with us twice.

On our very 1st cruise last Feb we were asked to dine with the Captain on the 1st formal night. My sister in law works for the company that supplies cruiselines with different parts of the ship. This was on Rccl....there were 4 couples ...we met in his cabin before the captains party then all sat together at the captains party then went to dinner.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived