All Inclusive day at the beach

ShrinkinTexas

Before the storm, we used to pay about $35 for a day of eating, drinking, and sunning in a chair in Mahajual. Any luck finding those kind of prices now? If so, with which company or business?

Earlier this fall, Pez Quadro in Majahual had an "early bird" type special that was at about 20% discount to their day rate. You book ebfore you sail. Google them for the website and see if it's still available.

I have a picture sitting in front of the El Faro (light house) restaurante and bar. Drink in my hand with pico and tacos. The drinks and pico were all you want to have, plus one lunch each of tacos. The price was $35 each. Is there nothing left like this, in this price range? Pez Quadro offers nachos, but I want to eat lots of pico and have some tacos too.

We made reservations for our group at Maya Chan. Check it out to see if it is what you are looking for.

http://www.mayachanbeach.com/

We went to Maya Chan last week and I would have to say it was the best day of our cruise. The staff is fantastic, the drinks were great too. Preston took care of our cruise critic group all day making sure we had everything we wanted. He is a great guy. We went bike riding and kyacking is also available. I hung out in the water most of the day. The beach is fine. There's a man raking the sea grass away all day long to keep the beach clean. Crazy. The food was also great and plenty of it. Great fish, beef and chicken tacos with all the fixens. This was all for $45 which included taxis both ways. So relax have a great day and say hi from Maureen for me!

• 2 weeks later...
I have a picture sitting in front of the El Faro (light house) restaurante and bar. Drink in my hand with pico and tacos. The drinks and pico were all you want to have, plus one lunch each of tacos. The price was $35 each. Is there nothing left like this, in this price range? Pez Quadro offers nachos, but I want to eat lots of pico and have some tacos too.

I El Faro not there anymore? We went there in 2007 and loved the food and beach.

But can you get a massage on the beach there?

At Maya Chan, yes.

When we were there the first week in January, there was a lovely lady giving massages for $20.00 for 30 min (I believe this is the price I heard, I did not get one myself) and most of those there that day got one and seemed to enjoy it very well. You may need to email Mark and let him know people in your group would like to have someone there for this, I'm not sure.

There were no other vendors selling anything - the resort is a bit away from the town and it's quite private.

Costa Maya Cruise Excursions has two options in that range.

They have

1) $35 us at Pez Quadro, chairs, Palapas, all you can drink and a mexican chips and salsa. Nice beach but we did find it really busy last feb.

2) $40 All inclusive (we just booked this one) chairs, palapas/umbrellas, guarenteed, all you can drink and Mexican lunch (many options to choose from) and they have a kids lunch for free too

We went to Maya Chan last week and I would have to say it was the best day of our cruise. The staff is fantastic, the drinks were great too. Preston took care of our cruise critic group all day making sure we had everything we wanted. He is a great guy. We went bike riding and kyacking is also available. I hung out in the water most of the day. The beach is fine. There's a man raking the sea grass away all day long to keep the beach clean. Crazy. The food was also great and plenty of it. Great fish, beef and chicken tacos with all the fixens. This was all for $45 which included taxis both ways. So relax have a great day and say hi from Maureen for me!

hey i was wondering if there were any beach chairs, i didnt see any in the pictures. How was the food? any recommendations? Did they have a killer mix drink? thanks for your help!

I highly recommend Pez Quadro!Beautiful facility (best along the malecon) great food and drinks, professional staff, extremely clean.We were able to walk along the malecon and let our things there and the staff watched them for us and made sure our chairs were saved.I pre-booked and I think it was $35/pp. I requested two chaise chairs with palapa and that's what we got. I am glad we went there because the other places where we dropped off other tourists looked old and dirty to me. The massages are cheap too. I'm sure you will not be disappointed. I wasn't and I'm a "fuss budget!"

Before the storm, we used to pay about $35 for a day of eating, drinking, and sunning in a chair in Mahajual. Any luck finding those kind of prices now? If so, with which company or business?

Island Marketing offers two:

http://costamayacruiseexcursions.com/CostaMayaBeach.htm

$35/pp

http://costamayacruiseexcursions.com/AllInclusiveBeach.htm

$40/pp

Randi

At Maya Chan, yes.

When we were there the first week in January, there was a lovely lady giving massages for $20.00 for 30 min (I believe this is the price I heard, I did not get one myself) and most of those there that day got one and seemed to enjoy it very well. You may need to email Mark and let him know people in your group would like to have someone there for this, I'm not sure.

There were no other vendors selling anything - the resort is a bit away from the town and it's quite private.

In an email I received from Maya Chan today I was quoted the following rates for massages:

$25.00 half hour and $45.00 hour

I believe, but am not totally sure, that these are cash only.

I highly recommend Pez Quadro!Beautiful facility (best along the malecon) great food and drinks, professional staff, extremely clean.We were able to walk along the malecon and let our things there and the staff watched them for us and made sure our chairs were saved.I pre-booked and I think it was $35/pp. I requested two chaise chairs with palapa and that's what we got. I am glad we went there because the other places where we dropped off other tourists looked old and dirty to me. The massages are cheap too. I'm sure you will not be disappointed. I wasn't and I'm a "fuss budget!"

We were there Jan 14th....did not prebook...just showed up and paid the $35...(it was $25 without all you can drink).........got our lounge chairs and palapa too.........

Negative was the constant hawking of the vendors on the beach and the nachos......man,was that cheese nasty!! Makes cheese whiz look good..:p

besides that,we had a great day in the sun.........staff was fabulous as was the drinks....:)(and when you order food off the menu for a price,they do not use that nasty cheese).......our waiter told us that cheese comes in a big can.......UGH!

• 2 weeks later...
We were there Jan 14th....did not prebook...just showed up and paid the $35...(it was $25 without all you can drink).........got our lounge chairs and palapa too.........

Negative was the constant hawking of the vendors on the beach and the nachos......man,was that cheese nasty!! Makes cheese whiz look good..:p

besides that,we had a great day in the sun.........staff was fabulous as was the drinks....:)(and when you order food off the menu for a price,they do not use that nasty cheese).......our waiter told us that cheese comes in a big can.......UGH!

so I m thinking about this $25 deal, since we dont drink. where do you go after you exit the cruiseship?

We were in Costa Maya on Jan. 26th and we spent our day relaxing at Maya Palms Resort. It was beautiful and restful, with only about 12 guests there for the day. The base rate is $32 which includes drinks, kayak rental, beach chairs, and pool access, and then there are extra charges if you want food included. My father paid $42 for the all-inclusive plus $10 for a delicious Mexican lunch (he was also able to get snacks and chips whenever he wanted). My mother and I opted to go snorkelling ($45) and we paid $10 each for lunch and $10 for unlimited drinks on top of that, but the solitude was well worth it!! We walked along the beach and only encountered a couple of workmen, who didn't say anything to us, and their dogs, who were friendly and well-behaved :). It was a pretty great day all in all!

mayapalms.jpg.4db4745d10a2dc54d70dad061343ae02.jpg

snorkelling.jpg.faed2617a9cb6202233b0530f3456020.jpg

We were in Costa Maya on Jan. 26th and we spent our day relaxing at Maya Palms Resort. It was beautiful and restful, with only about 12 guests there for the day. The base rate is $32 which includes drinks, kayak rental, beach chairs, and pool access, and then there are extra charges if you want food included. My father paid $42 for the all-inclusive plus $10 for a delicious Mexican lunch (he was also able to get snacks and chips whenever he wanted). My mother and I opted to go snorkelling ($45) and we paid $10 each for lunch and $10 for unlimited drinks on top of that, but the solitude was well worth it!! We walked along the beach and only encountered a couple of workmen, who didn't say anything to us, and their dogs, who were friendly and well-behaved :). It was a pretty great day all in all!

How did you get there?

• 3 weeks later...
How did you get there?

We took a taxi. You have to be sure to leave the enclosed dock area and get in a yellow cab, not one of the white ones. It costs $20 each way for a maximum of four people. We were five, so we had to pay $40 each way. The beach road was pretty bumpy but the scenery was really interesting to look at, and we didn't have to worry about getting lost along the way. The best thing is to tell your driver what time you want him to pick you up again, or have someone from the resort tell him. Our guy was right on time!

We were on this excursion last week... It is for the last beach on the strip, the bus drops you off and you walk down to the beach. Plenty of beach chairs, umbrella's etc...

The owner of the establisment is Jaime (Heime), he only takes 20 people for the beach - he is all about the people..

Drinks all day and a wonderful lunch - so much food that we did not go to dinner on the ship until 9:00 pm...It was a great day...

We did walk by Pez Quadro - the place was very large plenty of chairs and I beleive there was a restuarant and bar accross the street.. They were fairly empty that day..

We were at Nohoch Kay a couple days ago. Pez & Nohoch are 100 yards apart. You pretty much have the same beach, shops/vendors, massages, etc. Differences? If a lot of ships in port, Pez MAY be crowded, Nohoch Kay will have only 20 people.

Want a bigger/livelier crowd, go to Pez. Want an quieter, more intimate atmosphere, go to Nohoch Kay. That's really overly simplifying things, but you get the point. It's all in what you are looking for.

I've never eaten at Pez, but based on people who've done both, you get a better deal at Nohoch Kay. Much more variety of food, and Jaime will play with the menu a bit to satisfy you.

We chose Nohoch Kay because it fit us best. Jaime was awesome!

• 2 weeks later...

It looks to me like Maya Chan might be the best deal for the money with snorkeling, kayaking and fishing included (along with drinks and food). I also really like the idea of free internet at the beach. We have 4 people in our group, but I'd like to think that we could probably find more people here to get the 10+ discounted rate.

Thanks for posting the info!

Archived