Diamond and Diamond + Breakfast question

lisaf1

We were recently on Adventure of the Seas and really enjoyed the private breakfast area for Diamond members. Do they also have this on Freedom of the Seas? I wasn't sure if they offered it on FOS since it has a diamond/diamond + lounge. I really hope they do, we found that much nicer than the continental breakfast they have in the lounge.

Thanks,

Lisa

I can't answer your question but I have one for you. Is it still just a continental breakfast buffet with cheese, cold cuts, ceral, breads and fruit or have they expanded it to include a better selection. We enjoyed it on Voyager back in October but we were about the only ones who ever showed up. Most others prefered the MDR or the Windjammer for a more traditional breakfast.

I can't answer your question but I have one for you. Is it still just a continental breakfast buffet with cheese, cold cuts, ceral, breads and fruit or have they expanded it to include a better selection. We enjoyed it on Voyager back in October but we were about the only ones who ever showed up. Most others prefered the MDR or the Windjammer for a more traditional breakfast.

The D/D+ breakfast on Explorer 2 weeks ago was in one of the sub-MDRs and was ordered off the MDR breakfast menu with free specialty coffees (cappuccino, latte, mocha, etc) thrown in for good measure.

All ships now do full breakfast in some part of MDR. IOS was in the second floor (deck 4) MDR wing, Enchantment was also in second floor wing (deck 5) and Grandeur was in the back corner of the first floor MDR (deck 4). Apparently each ship decides on the location and specialty coffees are included. An officer or CD staff member make their rounds during breakfast, stopping at each table for a brief conversation and service was substantially better then in the main area. A D/D+ letter in our room included a statement about the location.

It is the full menu. It was nice to have a place to sit without fighting the crowd in WJ. As for the wait staff it was almost a 3 to 1 ratio (talk about being pampered).

It is the full menu. It was nice to have a place to sit without fighting the crowd in WJ.

For those of us not diamond and also might not want to fight the WJ crowds-I thought the MDR was and always has been open every morning for breakfast. Has this changed?

For those of us not diamond and also might not want to fight the WJ crowds-I thought the MDR was and always has been open every morning for breakfast. Has this changed?

Nope, it's still open for breakfast every morning for everybody. The Diamond/Diamond + area is a small room either off the main dining room or a small roped off area.

Darn!

Recently got off the Mercury, I know it is Celebrity but they were still doing the continental breakfast thing. Now it looks like I will not be able to do second breakfast, no I am not a hobbit, on the Radiance in a few months.

All ships now do full breakfast in some part of MDR. IOS was in the second floor (deck 4) MDR wing, Enchantment was also in second floor wing (deck 5) and Grandeur was in the back corner of the first floor MDR (deck 4). Apparently each ship decides on the location and specialty coffees are included. An officer or CD staff member make their rounds during breakfast, stopping at each table for a brief conversation and service was substantially better then in the main area. A D/D+ letter in our room included a statement about the location.

Never mind, I guess I should have read a little more closely. According to this poster, all ships do the D/D+ breakfast now. We're on Oasis in a few weeks. I'm assuming IOS is Independane of the sea's, which would have a Diamond Lounge.

Just returned from Radiance of the Seas. The Diamond/Diamond+ breakfast was held in Portofino and was a full, hot breakfast. They used the same menu that was available in the MDR. It was fantastic!

We were recently on Adventure of the Seas and really enjoyed the private breakfast area for Diamond members. Do they also have this on Freedom of the Seas? I wasn't sure if they offered it on FOS since it has a diamond/diamond + lounge. I really hope they do, we found that much nicer than the continental breakfast they have in the lounge.

Thanks,

Lisa

I was on Freedom in September and they had a Diamond, Diamond + breakfast in the main dining room. It was a roped off area and they had a different menu than the regular breakfast menu. We received these cute little menus (that we were able to keep - so sue me, I like souveniers :)). The hotel directors (I think was his title) sat at our table. He was a very nice guy from Canada. (I wish I could find the menu) I received the invitation in my room the day before. I really enjoyed it.

Thank you everyone for your presentations. As a result of the aforesaid, I have concluded that the Diamond breakfast will be held every morning on the Radiance; and, further that speciality coffee will be available. If I am incorrect, please so advise.

Yes. This is correct. There is not, however, the special breakfast on embarkation day or disembarkation day. :p

Archived