Freedom movement question for past cruisers

Anyone sail Freedom out of Miami and now out of Port Canaveral? I'm curious to know if you felt more ship movement out of Port Canaveral compared to Miami? We have sailed the Voyager Class ships from both ports and felt more movement on the Mariner out of PC, compared to Navigator and Explorer out of Miami. We chalked it up to being in the Atlantic longer. Its not a huge issue, we will have new cruisers with us this time out, and want to know what to expect.

TIA!!

I think it depends on the weather. Sailed Freedom out of Miami 2 yrs ago and you didn't even know you were movin. Sailed Liberty out of Miami last year (very windy) and the ship was rockin. I also noticed eastern trips are bumpy as compared to western which was much calmer. Like I said, could've been the weather. As far as Canaveral, I'll find out in Feb.

I think it depends on the weather. Sailed Freedom out of Miami 2 yrs ago and you didn't even know you were movin. Sailed Liberty out of Miami last year (very windy) and the ship was rockin. I also noticed eastern trips are bumpy as compared to western which was much calmer. Like I said, could've been the weather. As far as Canaveral, I'll find out in Feb.

I think your right, I've had one smooth cruise out of Canaveral, and 2 smooth cruises out of Miami and one that was rocky. The two ports aren't that far apart, so I would think the weather is the key factor.

Archived