caribbean Princess or Zuiderdam which would you pick?

lssg

Some of this depends on what type of cruise you are looking for.

We have sailed on both ships, the Zuiderdam shortly after it entered service and the Caribbean Princess just this past summer.

The Zuiderdam was more of a quiet cruise and very relaxing, wonderful food in the dining room but the buffet was just so so. Entertainment was passible on both and neither stood out above the other.

The Caribbean Princess is more of an active cruise and offers many more things to do on the ship, from MUTS to the many dining options.

If I were looking for more of a fun/active cruise I would choose the CP. A relaxing laid back cruise, then I would choose the Zuiderdam.

We have sailed on both; CP last June and the Zuiderdam the June before.

We enjoyed both, but if I had the chance to choose between them in the future I would choose the Caribbean Princess. I love all the pool options on the CP and especially love the aft adult pool area. Movie under the stars is great and I felt much less crowded on the Caribbean Princess even though it's a bigger ship and houses more passengers.

I totally agree with ToTo2Kansas. It all depends on what type of cruise experience you are looking for. If you are sailing with children I would suggest Caribbean Princess.

Good luck in your decision, either ship is a good choice. :)

we will be cruising with our 8 year old son, if that makes any difference.

We also have been on the Oosterdam to Alaska and loved it was for our anniversary and we didn't bring our son....thanks for the input...I am thinking maybe Princess may cater to Children better....

We have been on both ships as well. Zuiderdam Sept.03; Caribbean Princess Sept.04. We went on the Z because a couple of my co-workers were cruising in Sept and invited us along.

While the artwork and interior of the Zuiderdam were more vibrant, that's about all that was. I found it to be somewhat "controlled" in that, there was always an officer with a checklist checking out the workers on their performance. I didn't like to see that. There was one guy up in the buffet who was astounding, though. He learned everyone's name like, the same day, and was extremely friendly and nice-he handed out the trays.

The ship was actually COLD to me. I got very chilled in the evening. We did have an aft cabin, which was nice-hardly saw our steward, though.

Again, the cruise was OK and we had a good time-we've never had a horrible experience yet. But, afterwards, it was our decision to head back to Princess.

The Caribbean Princess in nice and has some really good areas-Club Fusion, Caribe Cafe, Aft Deck Terrace Pool for Adults, good kids club from many reports. MUTS is great, too. I saw movies that I missed the first time around, like ET!

Have a good time, whatever your choice! Lynne

We don't have the time available to do a back to back cruise and try both ships, would love to but can't....Since I already have been on a Holland Cruise I am leaning towards Caribbean Princesss

Thanks

I have been on HAL Cruises and Princess. No comparision with the Grand Class Ships on Princess. Princess has more to offer for all ages. If you want a quiet cruise then HAL is for you. It is all up to You what you are looking for on Your Cruise. Whatever ship you do choose, have a "Happy Cruise"! Ike

We were on the Zuiderdam 2 years ago and Golden last summer. I love Princess service and amenities, but Zuiderdam won out this summer for us because of the itineray-with Z. we get an extra half-day on an island. Also we have always wanted to get to Tortola and Zuiderdam will stop there. For me, it's not just the ships, but also the itinerary. We like more beach time.

Archived