Just offered Grand Suite on the Spledor....

freedomhoneymoon09

carnival called and offered us an upgrade from interior on lido to a grand suite on empress. Total cost is $700 for the four of us. Should i do it??? Is it worth $700?

yes BUt I would call back with an offer price like $600 or even $500 It wouldnt hurt to ask the worst case it you will still get the GS for a deal

I never get offered an upgrade. Do you think that's because I use an online TA instead of booking directly with Carnival? I assume Carnival may contact my TA w/ an offer, but I'm guessing the TA's don't bother to contact me about it? Does anyone know?

I say if you can afford it, go for it. If you can't, don't do it. I love my balconies. I don't need a suite, but definitely must have a balcony.

For 4 people at $700 dollars, I think that's a good deal. On our lasted cruise we got an upgrade call. We where already in a balcony. This was to a suite cat. 11. They wanted $700 dollars for two people. We didn't think that was worth it. We haven't gotten any really good deals anyways, being we can travel in the off season.

So yes if you can afford it, go for it...

Thanks for all of the replies everyone! We took it! :p

Yikes! A lot of money....hope it's worth it. We are going to have a blast. I guess my sanity is worth $700 alone :D

good job youll enjoy

Can you put a price on your families happiness:D

Are you kidding?!!! I would wonder why they are offering an interior person that upgrade instead of a balcony person!:eek:

Does anyone know how or why they pick certain people for upgrades? I'd like to know how it's done. Or is it just eenie, meenie, miney mo?

Does anyone know how or why they pick certain people for upgrades? I'd like to know how it's done. Or is it just eenie, meenie, miney mo?

Luck of the draw Ive been asked twice Once by Carnival a few years ago I had 2 price drops and then switched to military so I had $900 OBC THey wanted their money back So they offered a suite upgrade for half of it But the balcony we had was corner so we declined

Our last cruise we were on RCCL THey offered a larger cabin and OBC but we were on the hump SO again we declined

Are you kidding?!!! I would wonder why they are offering an interior person that upgrade instead of a balcony person!:eek:

When Carnival does upsell calls, they call randomly, it is not based on what cabin you have booked. At least this was told to me by one of the people that do the upsell calls. They would have asked that same price from someone who was already booked in Balcony.

When Carnival does upsell calls, they call randomly, it is not based on what cabin you have booked. At least this was told to me by one of the people that do the upsell calls. They would have asked that same price from someone who was already booked in Balcony.

I just asked my PVP about upsale calls and she basically confirmed what you had indicated Chacooe.

Regards,

OSJ

Carnival called and offered us an upgrade from interior on Lido to a Grand Suite on Empress. Total cost is $700 for the four of us. Should I do it??? Is it worth $700?

We sail on this ship in March, Hoping for one of these calls!! When are you cruisng??

WOW! That is a great upgrade price from going from an interior to a grand suite for 4 people.

I just checked what it would be to upgrade from a inside on the lido to a grand suite on my November cruise and it would be $1,360 PER PERSON. So you got an AWESOME deal.

I would do it..that sounds like a good deal.

but it is an upsell not an upgrade. If you are upgraded you are not charged extra.;)

UPGRADE: move to better travel class: a move to a higher class of travel than that purchased.

I would do it..that sounds like a good deal.

but it is an upsell not an upgrade. If you are upgraded you are not charged extra.;)

UPGRADE: move to better travel class: a move to a higher class of travel than that purchased.

I dont know... to me if I decide to pay to upgrade myself ... its still a upgrade, even if its not free. I know people pick over these terms, but to me I can pay for a upgrade .... and the new cabin is a upgrade, not a upsell.

Iv paid the difference several times to upgrade myself.

Archived