Cruise Director on Journey??

sabu24

Hey Dustin...hope all is well with you and Alicia. Looking back on our pics reminded me of all the fun we had...especially at the big shin dig thrown in your suite along with Andy and Sheila's! Do you have any cruise plans for this year?

Hi Trudy, we're well. Glad you had a good time at our sail-away party! No firm plans yet for the next cruise, but we'll try to get something in mid this year. Would certainly consider Azamara again!

St. Malo is gorgeous. No need to leave...just walk around town, enjoy a nice lunch, and soak in the town atmosphere. It's lovely. Also, nice shopping with really friendly people. I have been to Mont St. Michel. It's breathtaking from afar. However, it's really touristy and crowded when you get there. The Normandy beaches and Bayeaux are well worth seeing. You really need about 3 days to see Normandy...save it for an in depth visit to Normandy on a land vacation. I'd go back to St. Malo gladly. I would never return to Mont St. Michel. Just my thoughts...and I go to France at least once a year. St. Malo is great.

I don't want to get too far off topic but I just finished our Journey slideshow (thanks to Roberta's earlier inquiry). For those who sailed with us in May '09, you might just find yourself starring on You Tube! :p They're quite of few pics of John Howell, our cruise director. He was everywhere and always with a smile on his face and pep in his step!

Here's the link.

Trudy

Trudy:

Thanks for the slide show. We are looking forward to our next cruise on the Journey in April. We had a fantastic time on the Barcelona-Copenhagen cruise. When are you cruising again?

Roberta

Roberta...We cruise the Journey again this Aug. 17th to the British Isles. Which itinerary are you taking in April? I'll be interested in hearing about your experience with Tony Marky as cruise director. Does anyone know FOR CERTAIN that Tony will still be on his contract this August?

Thanks,

Trudy

Wow! It's so good to read all the posts from last year's cruisers. That certainly was a memorable cruise.

We agree---John Howell and Phillip are the best.

Trudy, your slide show is fantastic! I have played it more than once!

Our next cruise is in June on Celebrity's Eclipse.

Have a good day, everybody!

Sheila

Ummm - the Journey cruise director?

Post #23 states that as of Jan. 3rd it's Tony Marky. John Howell was his predecessor and was fantastic! If you don't mind, please inquire on your cruise next month if Tony Marky will still be the CD this August 17th...and please post what you find out. Thanks and have a great trip.

Wow! It's so good to read all the posts from last year's cruisers. That certainly was a memorable cruise.

We agree---John Howell and Phillip are the best.

Trudy, your slide show is fantastic! I have played it more than once!

Our next cruise is in June on Celebrity's Eclipse.

Have a good day, everybody!

Sheila

Hi Sheila...I'll email y'all some pics that you may be interested in. Enjoy the Eclipse!

Trudy

Post #23 states that as of Jan. 3rd it's Tony Marky. John Howell was his predecessor and was fantastic! If you don't mind' date=' please inquire on your cruise next month if Tony Marky will still be the CD this August 17th...[i']and please post what you find out.[/i] Thanks and have a great trip.

Hi Sheila...I'll email y'all some pics that you may be interested in. Enjoy the Eclipse!

Trudy

I'll be sure and check if Tony Marky will be CD in August.

Susan

• 5 weeks later...

You're not alone in your opinion. We have had a similar experience on the Quest (2/6/10 Hong Kong-Singapore) with CD John Howell. In fact, some of his "humor" with cabaret entertainer Jim Badger made us and another gay couple so uncomfortable with its insensitivity to gay guests that we walked out of the show.

But to me, the Quest's many amenities, fantastic Capt. Smith, and the fascinating ports make it pretty easy to not be bothered by the CD. Asst. CD Kelsey is wonderful.

Its all a matter of taste. We found John annoying and intrusive, lacking sincerity and tied up in his own ego.

Denning was brash and aloof.

CD in January was Tony Markey - he was pretty good but I found him a little cheesy and dated at times.

Hotel Director is Philip Herbert, who is everywhere keeping a close eye on things. I found him to be engaging and very sincere in his commitment to the ship, passengers and his crew.

CD in January was Tony Markey - he was pretty good but I found him a little cheesy and dated at times.

He reminds me of the Gill Godwyn cruise director character from the classic cruise movie Out to Sea, starring Jack Lemon and Walter Mattheau. Not in a mean sense, mind you, but in his high opinion of himself and his performing talents.

http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi3874751257/

He made the cruise more interesting for me because of this.

We were on both of these cruises last year and truly enjoyed these cruises. Much of this satisfaction was due to Phillip and John constant caring for the passengers.

It was also good seeing the comments from our fellow cruises. Hope to meet you on future cruises.

Sandy & Irv

[quote name='nevernever']I understand that Sue Denning will be the CD on Azamara Quest until some time in February. An absolutely fantastic CD....talented entertainer and a bundle of energy and enthusiasm.

Nevernever[/quote]

The CD on Quest is currently John Howell.

Archived