Where to get a discount on 3rd and 4th passengers

HMT213

Does anyone have access to a fare code for cheaper 3rd and 4th passengers to Alaska. We are planning a big family vacation this year (w/ my parents, brothers, etc) but we have two little kids, who will be 2.5 years and 6 months at the time of the cruise and I can't swallow paying $500-600 EACH for them (esp. the 6 month old who won't be eating/doing anything).

I know I have see $99 fares in the past but of course now that I'm looking for them....nothing!

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Heather

I'm not quite sure about Alaska, but our Bahama cruise with our two 16 month olds will be about $346 (with taxes) each. This is the GS suite though. Our rate was over $1136 for each adult, so quite a bit discount, I think.

They will be too young to enter the children's program, but obviously eating and drinking so I think it's fair

I have never really looked to closely into Alaska. It is on my to do list in 2 years. :)

But I am assuming it will be like every other cruise the 3rd and 4th in your room are given a cheaper rate. We always cruise a family of 4 and pay discounted rates for the kids.

There's no fare code - The ONLY discount for 3rd and 4th passengers is the 3rd and 4th passenger rate that shows when you enter 3 or 4 passengers. That rate is generally (but not always) less than the 1st and 2nd passenger rate. ken

Iv never seen $99 fare codes for 3rd 4th pax on 7 day cruises, but maybe thats because Galveston is more expensive. You mean you see these fares on 7 day cruises ... or just the shorter ones? wow. that would be a deal.

Disney has them ... but the dates they have the $99 fares for extra pax, the regular rate is jacked up higher than the other dates where they charge more for extra pax. They get it one way or another.

Iv never seen $99 fare codes for 3rd 4th pax on 7 day cruises, but maybe thats because Galveston is more expensive. You mean you see these fares on 7 day cruises ... or just the shorter ones? wow. that would be a deal.

Disney has them ... but the dates they have the $99 fares for extra pax, the regular rate is jacked up higher than the other dates where they charge more for extra pax. They get it one way or another.

That wasn't my experience. We sailed Disney for the third time last April with my grandson. His fare was FREE and our fare was not jacked up.

All 3 of us went for about $700 with all taxes and fees.

OP I doubt you are going to find $99 fares to Alaska for 3rd/4th pax. Only if they are having trouble filling the ships and since most cruise lines have pulled ships from Alaska for next summer I don't think that is going to happen.

Bill

I agree about Alaska. We've had great 3/4 pax rates in the past, but it's all supply and demand.

OP- get onto the e-mailing lists of the cruiselines you are interested in. Get friendly with a local travel agent. Two send me deals all the time.

I know I have see $99 fares in the past but of course now that I'm looking for them....nothing!

Thanks!

Heather

I can't imagine $99 fares on any Alaskan cruise.:eek: Short cruise season and very much in demand. Plus, Alaskan cruises are all 7-dayers.

The only $99 cruise fare I've ever seen was for the ELATION 3-dayer out of San Diego. :)This was my last cruise and price was a big factor as I had just cruised the SPLENDOR a month earlier.

That wasn't my experience. We sailed Disney for the third time last April with my grandson. His fare was FREE and our fare was not jacked up.

All 3 of us went for about $700 with all taxes and fees.

OP I doubt you are going to find $99 fares to Alaska for 3rd/4th pax. Only if they are having trouble filling the ships and since most cruise lines have pulled ships from Alaska for next summer I don't think that is going to happen.

Bill

i compared more than one date, or I wouldnt have said this is what I think, lol.

I could get a fare of $599 for dates the 3/4 rate was higher or pay $799 for dates the 3/4 fare was $99. either way the average was about the same if you had 3 or 4 to a cabin.

We could have gone for 7 days for about $700 pp for just the two of us, and you say it costs that pp for more people in the cabin.. makes my point?

i compared more than one date, or I wouldnt have said this is what I think, lol.

I could get a fare of $599 for dates the 3/4 rate was higher or pay $799 for dates the 3/4 fare was $99. either way the average was about the same if you had 3 or 4 to a cabin.

We could have gone for 7 days for about $700 pp for just the two of us, and you say it costs that pp for more people in the cabin.. makes my point?

Where did I say it cost $700pp?

Bill

Where did I say it cost $700pp?

Bill

Maybe you werent talking about 7 day cruises... I guess when you said it cost $700, you meant for all 3 .. . I thought we were discussing 7 day cruises like to Alaska... so Im sure Im confused what you meant, sorry.

Iv never seen a 7 day on Disney for $700 total so I assumed pp. sorry again.

Does anyone have access to a fare code for cheaper 3rd and 4th passengers to Alaska. We are planning a big family vacation this year (w/ my parents, brothers, etc) but we have two little kids, who will be 2.5 years and 6 months at the time of the cruise and I can't swallow paying $500-600 EACH for them (esp. the 6 month old who won't be eating/doing anything).

Thanks!

Heather

Try this link for the CC Group Cruise...

http://www.cruisecritic.com/interests/groups.cfm?ID=189

I am booked on this one, it is the best price I have seen for the most part, all the math done and everything.

The catch is, it leaves out of Seattle, and returns to Vanc. BC...Not a round trip.

But on the up side you cruise Glacier Bay, not just the inside passage.

On the down side you do not go all the way up the coast,

On the up side you do not have to paid air fair to or from the far away port,

the cost of Air fare from Vanc. to Seattle is not that bad,

(or I think you can get a shuttle for an excursion from the ship for a few $ less)

We are doing a flight to Seattle, and the flight home from Vanc. stops in Seattle. so you could do a RT Airfare for Seattle if you can find a good fare.

oh, I should have said do not try to e-mail Kelly on the link, as she has fallen away. (have a search party out looking for her)

You can contact me, or call the TA for more information. but don't bother trying to get any response from Kelly.

You will have to call Holland America to find out details.

Holland America's Volendam June 16, 2010

3rd and 4th passengers pay only $99 per person (taxes are additional) on select categories when sharing a cabin with two adults. Promotions may not be combinable with all fares.

Kudos to you for finding that deal. I didn't think there would be any $99 3rd/4th rates for Alaska but you proved me wrong. ^5 :)

Bill

Maybe you werent talking about 7 day cruises... I guess when you said it cost $700, you meant for all 3 .. . I thought we were discussing 7 day cruises like to Alaska... so Im sure Im confused what you meant, sorry.

Iv never seen a 7 day on Disney for $700 total so I assumed pp. sorry again.

Well if we were talking about Alaska cruises you totally confused me when you posted this:

When you mention cruises leaving from Galveston or shorter cruises I didn't think you were talking about Alaska cruises just cruises in general. :)

Bill

You will have to call Holland America to find out details.

Holland America'sVolendam June 16, 2010

3rd and 4th passengers pay only $99 per person (taxes are additional) on select categories when sharing a cabin with two adults. Promotions may not be combinable with all fares.

But lets look at the price of the 1&2 pax.

I see it was 2049+PP for a Balcony :eek: 4296 for a family of 4, than you can add on your Gov. and Port fees of $400 More than the suite price on the CC Group Cruise.

The Carnival Spirit CC Group Cruise is 1/2 that for a balcony, with the Gov. and Port fees already added.

so with the 3&4 pax, being 440, port and Gov fees added, I think you will find that the CC Group cruise will be a better savings.

You have to do all the math, not just look for a cheap first glance.

Family of 4 on the CC Group Cruise I mentioned before would be -

Inside 4B $2020, Port and Gov. fees already in the price.

No OV offered with this Group,

Balcony 8B $2880, Port and Gov. fees already in the price.

I doubt you want to know the cost of the suite, ($4630),Port and Gov. fees already in the price.

Each cabin booked comes with $100 per cabin on board credit

Champagne & Chocolates (per cabin)

and a couple other things having to do with being a CC group.

Not to mention you can get in on the deal, but never have to do a darn thing with the group if you don't want to.

And I think there is still the reduced Deposit until March.

But you would need to call and ask the TA about that,

as Kelly the "Leader" is no where to be found.

For as hard as I am pushing this silly cruise you would think I was the leader :o I am not,

but I do want everyone to find the best deal they can, and enjoy cruising :D happy Sailing everyone!

Archived