Need help with Hotwire

dmpuszcz

I've been bidding 3* and 3.5* on Priceline for San Pedro for 1/23/2010 up to $100 and haven't been successful. So I tried Hotwire but when I put in San Pedro no hotels show up. Am I doing something wrong or does that mean no hotels are available?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

I've been bidding 3* and 3.5* on Priceline for San Pedro for 1/23/2010 up to $100 and haven't been successful. So I tried Hotwire but when I put in San Pedro no hotels show up. Am I doing something wrong or does that mean no hotels are available?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

I too dont see san pedro but Long beach is close

We put in $60 3 1/2* on price line and expanded to Long beach and ended up with Hilton long beach 6 miles from the port but no shuttle for RCCL as we are on the Mariner but has one for Carnival

I too dont see san pedro but Long beach is close

We put in $60 3 1/2* on price line and expanded to Long beach and ended up with Hilton long beach 6 miles from the port but no shuttle for RCCL as we are on the Mariner but has one for Carnival

Hi jonbgd - thanks for the info. I thought your screen name sounded familiar so I went back and checked the meet and mingle and we're on the same cruise. At this point, I'll have to expand the search or go with the room I booked on my own at DoubleTree ($135).

Not all that familiar with bidding on LA hotels as I live here, but from what I remember from the various threads here, you need to be careful with bidding for San Pedro hotels: that only two of them (Doubletree and Crowne Plaza) are worth bidding on, and I seem to remember they are 3-1/2 star ones. So I would be careful (check out the various threads).

So I tried Hotwire but when I put in San Pedro no hotels show up. Am I doing something wrong or does that mean no hotels are available?

Yes, that's right - nothing is available for those specific criteria. They do have a 3-star hotel there (Doubletree I believe) available then, but it is not available just for that one Saturday night.

Yes, that's right - nothing is available for those specific criteria. They do have a 3-star hotel there (Doubletree I believe) available then, but it is not available just for that one Saturday night.

Thanks for the tip - I went back and put in Fri and Sat and there are none available. Sat and Sun night come up $79 night. Next time I'll know to start early with booking the hotel on Priceline and Hotwire.

Hi jonbgd - thanks for the info. I thought your screen name sounded familiar so I went back and checked the meet and mingle and we're on the same cruise. At this point, I'll have to expand the search or go with the room I booked on my own at DoubleTree ($135).

Hi Dmpuszcz, Cool were on the same cruise Cant wait Look forward to meeting you at the M&M

Sorry to hear your frustration with getting Priceline to play nice

we tried for a couple weeks to get a 3 1/2* hotel in SP for $60 and finally expanded to Long Beach The Hilton doesnt have a free shuttle for RCCL but for that price Ill pay the $10 Taxi fare and still come out ahead

We are flying into LGB as well So it is easier for my sis to drop us of as she is our chauffeur for the day

Good luck and keep trying as you all ready have a GTY room you can bid up to the last day and not worry

Hi Dmpuszcz, Cool were on the same cruise Cant wait Look forward to meeting you at the M&M

Sorry to hear your frustration with getting Priceline to play nice

we tried for a couple weeks to get a 3 1/2* hotel in SP for $60 and finally expanded to Long Beach The Hilton doesnt have a free shuttle for RCCL but for that price Ill pay the $10 Taxi fare and still come out ahead

We are flying into LGB as well So it is easier for my sis to drop us of as she is our chauffeur for the day

Good luck and keep trying as you all ready have a GTY room you can bid up to the last day and not worry

This was quite a learning experience. Just wanted to let everyone know what I wound up with. I picked 3.5* Long Beach on Hotwire and got The Hilton for $79. Money saved can pay for transportation from LAX. Now to arrange that. Thanks for all your help!

This was quite a learning experience. Just wanted to let everyone know what I wound up with. I picked 3.5* Long Beach on Hotwire and got The Hilton for $79. Money saved can pay for transportation from LAX. Now to arrange that. Thanks for all your help!

Im glad to hear that I think a Taxi is $55 from LAX

If you go to supershuttle and book online it is $17pp

but there is a coupon code UYR59 for another $3 off for a total of $31

Archived