Early Embarking flight?

rhsjr

The itinery says we arrive in LA at 7:00 A.M. and we have an 11:59 A.M. flight out of LAX. On the Princess website cruise personalizer under flights, it says "This flight departs too early to reliably make your flight after disembarkation":(:rolleyes:. What do you think?

The itinery says we arrive in LA at 7:00 A.M. and we have an 11:59 A.M. flight out of LAX. On the Princess website cruise personalizer under flights, it says "This flight departs too early to reliably make your flight after disembarkation":(:rolleyes:. What do you think?

It says that because you are before the preferred time.

We consistantly take a 10:30 flight and have no issues.

You will be fine.

I would definitely keep my flight as we had no trouble making a 1020 flight after signing up for self disembarkation.

Colocruiser has made a 1030 flt from LAX many times and encouraged me.

Always have a backup plan, just in case.:D

Mike:)

I would take a cab rather than one of the shuttle services. We used SuperShuttle and they wouldn't leave the cruise port until the van was packed full and then they stopped at Long Beach before going to LAX. We had a later flight so it wasn't a problem but there was one couple in the van breaking out in a cold sweat!

I would take a cab rather than one of the shuttle services. We used SuperShuttle and they wouldn't leave the cruise port until the van was packed full and then they stopped at Long Beach before going to LAX. We had a later flight so it wasn't a problem but there was one couple in the van breaking out in a cold sweat!

Good idea if there is just two of you. However, if there are more you can just jump into a Super Shuttle and say let's go, split the cost and it is only a few dollars more than a group share. That is what we have done at San Pedro.

Mike:)

What is the cost of the Princess transfer vs a taxi?

Two years ago, we took a taxi to LAX for $50 plus a tip (for two). Might be worth consideration as with a taxi you are not impacted by other, especially if you walkoff/disembark early.

We used the Execucar service (part of SuperShuttle). It was excellent an fast. We booked a van and the driver turned up with a limo for the same price. He said he saw there were only two of us and likes driving the limo rather than the van - we did not argue :)

You should be fine with a noontime flight out of LAX. One thing to consider is that under normal circumstances, LAX recommends that passengers for domestic flights check in two hours before your flight, three hours for an international flight. I would definitely use these parameters in light of the current TSA screening. There have been reports of long lines.

Hopefully you won't run into problems. Even though the ship is listed as docking at 7am, that's not guaranteed. Also disembarkation may start late. And if there's an accident on the 405, you can be stuck in bad traffic even on the weekends. I don't know when your cruise is (I can see January in your signature), but if you are trying to get to LAX on a holiday weekend (like mid-January), you may run into huge lines there.

Archived