how well did you like the Legend?

Disneycruisers

I just went on the Legend (Dec. 20-27) with my wife for my first cruise and loved it! Most everything worked out quite well and I used these boards for the information and planning.

Excursions---

Grand Cayman: We had planned the RR&R excursion with Nativeways. As a few may have already said, the weather unfortunately did not work out and it was canceled. But if there was any excursion which could not work out, it was this: First, they do not charge ahead but take cash. So we were not out any money. Second, they did offer a snorkel excursion for less (we elected not not take it as the weather overall was not pleasant. On a side note, during a bad day at Grand Cayman, wander around the shops, eat at a nice resaturant, and go to the Turtle farm and Hell.

Cozumel: We booked a private dolphin encounter through Dolphin Discovery. It was a great day and we enjoyed the park. Very easy to get to via cab.

Belize: Booked the Carnival Altun Ra and River Wallace tour. This was okay and gave us a brief tour of Belize. The lunch stop was disorganized and we were not informed when our bus left (made the second bus, though, so all was okay).

Roatan: Maya Key. My favorite excursion!!!!!

The Legend itself was a great ship with excellent food and evening shows. Balancing and juggling on a moving (and swaying ship)? Incredible. I was also impressed by the size of the interior staterooms. Never felt cramped. Also, for a ship with over 2900 passengers and crew it rarely felt crowded.

Eat at the Golden Fleece at least once for a 5 star dining experience.

We loved the Legend, the ship is just the right size (am a Spirit class fan) and the ship is pretty.

Don't miss the high tea on sea days in the afternoon, no need to dress up but a really nice little break and good way to meet new folks.

We loved cavetubingdotcom group in Belize, they spoiled us rotten with a great ratio of staff to tubers and they carried our inner tubs for us, really loved this excursion.

There is a excursion in Cayman called rays, reef and rumpoint, offered by nativeway, we've done this one twice and I think it was enjoyed by all, younger and older alike. A nice snorkle, a nice visit with the stingrays and then a great lunch on a nice little private beach. And if you're a rumrunner fan they have the most awesome (although expensive) rumrunners on rumpoint.

Coz is easy, find an all inclusive that offers lots of toys. Paradise beach, or that type. We did Telum ruins and really enjoyed this too.

We booked with Victor Boden for Roatan, which I think everyone should do the first time. But I would love to try some snorkeling next time I'm there and will try fins and flippers because I've heard such great things from fellow CC'ers.

I think your in for a huge treat, this is a great cruise. Oh if you have early seating dinner, I suggest you try just eating at the buffet or room service that first night and stick close to the top decks when you are going under that cool bridge out of Tampa, it's truly a awesome experience, make sure you have LOTS of film!!!!

Have an awesome time!!!

Carole

I love this ship so far my fav. It was also my frist cruise may have something to do with it,,,lol The only thing i didn't really like was my time dining we were on for the frist week of my time dining didn't think the service was great not bad just not really good. I would do set dining next time on this ship. On the other hand we had by far the best pool waiters i've ever had on this ship Rudy and Ivoman took suh great care of my DD and I.:)

We are booked on the Legend for the end of January, I will write a review. As far as hotels in Tampa, we are booked at the Embassy Suites Airport/Westshore ...free airport pick up and they provide a shuttle to the pier for 10 bucks each. I just looked at my reservation, and realized they have it as one adult:eek:, since I'm on my honeymoon :rolleyes:I think that would be very lonely...Guess it's time to call again.

QUOTE]

This is where we stayed and had a great time. Had lunch at Maggiano's in the mall across the street. For dinner we snacked on the hor dourves at the managers reception since we weren't very hungry. Also the free breakfast was very good. Very friendly staff and we found it to be clean.

To Disneycruiser, sorry, no Mongolian Grill.

The Legend is our favorite ship, we booked the Freedom so we could go to Panama & Costa Rica but will miss sailing on the Legend.

Hope you all have great cruises!

Kelly

Archived