how well did you like the Legend?

Disneycruisers

I love the Legend and am going on her for the third time in October. The Spirit class ships are laid out very well and it's a nice medium size. Not so big that you get exhausted walking from one end to the other, but not so small that there isn't anything to do. There is a nice variety of activities and I think the ship is actually very pretty. I love the adult pool and the waterslide is a lot of fun too. Tampa is a fun city (I love Channelside and Ybor City!) and embarkation is super easy. The hotels we like have a local shuttle for free so you don't even have to spend much on taxis.

As far as ports:

In Grand Cayman, we've always done the stingrays and loved it! I think next time we're going to 7 mile beach or maybe parasailing.

In Cozumel, we don't do shore excursions. We've walked downtown and gone shopping, gone to Paradise Beach, gone to Paradise Beach and then to Margaritaville. Next time, I think we're going to try Chankanaab and go back to Margaritaville.

In Belize, we did the Mayan ruins once and last time, we just hung around the port area. Still undecided about next time. We may hang around the port or maybe ziplining or something. We're not sure yet.

In Roatan, Victor Bodden is great. We've gone with him twice and had Tex both times. They will take you wherever you want to go. I liked going to the cameo factory and we went to a great restaurant too.

It's my mom and I and we're both adults so no kids in our party, but I heard good things about the kids club.

I haven't been on the Legend yet, but we will be on her in April, and she is a ship that seems to get some of the highest reviews on these boards. She is very well thought of in fact.

The itenary, I've been to Grand Cayman and Cozumel before. GC if you have never been you really need to do something that includes the Stingray City, it is amazing and a must do thing.

Cozumel is a great stop that has so much to do it's hard to choose. Many excursions go over to Playa del Carmen on the mainland and take in spots there. So much to do, it's one of the major/main stops for Western itenaries.

Like you we are debating doing the cave tubbing or not. I've heard both very positive and very negative things and we also are unsure about doing it. Be aware that the ships (at least at this time) no longer provide excursions for cave tubbing and so you will have to use an independant company. There was an accident last year where a woman drowned on one of these excursions and ever since Carnival has stopped offering them as an option.

We are cruising the Legend March 2010 and would like to hear what others thought of the ship. This will be a western cruise and I could use some feed back if anyone has done the cave tubing in Belize, is it worth it? fun? I have 2 teenage girls that want to do it.

We're leaving on the Legend this Sunday and have teenagers. I'll be writing a review when we get back. In GC we're doing Nativeway's Rays, Reef & Rum Point excursion. In Cozumel we're going to go to Paradise Beach and then do some shopping and Margaritavilling. In Belize we are going Cave Tubing and ATV's with Yhony and in Roatan we're just going to stay at the new Mahogony Bay port and beach since its a short day and fourth port day in a row. I'd rather go on a tour with Victor Bodden or Rony but I'm betting my kids won't want to get up early again by then.

Outstanding ship, super crew, delicious food, and fantastic entertainment. What's not to like on "Legend". You'll have a GREAT cruise. :D

"SKY"

I totally agree with what SkyMaster said. I'll be on the Legend for the fourth time in March. I have also been on the Miracle two times. Love the Spirit class ships.:D

Favorite ship/class of ship to date. They carry almost as many passengers as the Conquest class, yet it has a much more intimate feel about it, especially with the two pools on the Lido deck.

Cave tubing gets rave reviews and is a not to be missed experience from everyone I talked to that went...my little one was too young at the time, so I have yet to have the personal experiece. I think that would be the perfect experience for teens.

In Roatan, if you want a lovely, picturesque view (and drive across the mountains), I would suggest Tabayana beach (private beach through the cruiseline only as far as I could tell). Cozumel I would go for a dolphin encounter at Chankanaab park - you can book directly with them. Grand Cayman - rays were neat, but the kids might want to shop and try 7 mile beach.

I love this western route. You'll have a great trip.

LOVED the legend.

We missed GC (rough seas)

(but hope to make it in April on the Freedom:D)

We did the cave tubing with Yhony...LOVED IT:D

We did it with our DS age 13 (at the time)

He said it was the best excursion we have ever done.

We used Victor in Roatan and had a great time also.

My friend and I just returned from a Legend cruise to the western Caribbean and absolutely loved the ship and the itinerary. The food, entertainment, and the ship in general were excellent. We did Carnival's dolphin encounter and stingrays in Grand Cayman, the Tulum ruins in Cozumel, the sights and sounds excursion in Belize and in Roatan we enjoyed the new Mahogany Bay port and private beach with chairlift access. This was my seventh cruise and I definitely liked this ship the best, especially the layout. Enjoy your Legend cruise!

Tampa is a fun city (I love Channelside and Ybor City!) and embarkation is super easy. The hotels we like have a local shuttle for free so you don't even have to spend much on taxis.

I would love some suggestions on hotels in the Tampa area...just booked the Legend for next summer. We have never cruised out of Tampa so am totally clueless on hotels. There will be 8 of us so even though I want a nice place, cost is definitely a factor.

I would love some suggestions on hotels in the Tampa area...just booked the Legend for next summer. We have never cruised out of Tampa so am totally clueless on hotels. There will be 8 of us so even though I want a nice place, cost is definitely a factor.

I like either the Courtyard by Marriott or the Residence Inn by Marriott in downtown Tampa. They share a local shuttle within 2 or 3 miles of the hotel, including Channelside and Ybor City. There is also a Publix nearby. There is no airport shuttle so you have to take a taxi but it's only about 20 dollars and you could fit 4 people and luggage in one taxi. You can get a 2 bedroom suite at the Residence and fit 4 people. Both are nice, but the Residence Inn includes breakfast and the Courtyard has a restuarant that you pay for. It really just depends on the price weighed with how much you'd spend on breakfast. The Residence Inn also has a kitchen area, which is really nice. Depending on when you are staying, I think the price is reasonable, especially split between people. They also share a nice pool/hot tub/basketball court/grill area. I'm not sure how many people plus luggage the shuttle would hold but you could ask.

We've also stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Raymond James stadium which was farther away so you had to take a taxi to Channelside but they did have a local shuttle within 3 miles when I stayed there. They did have a shuttle that you could pay for to get to the port. I think it was 5/pp. This was about 3 or 4 years ago so things could have changed.

I highly, highly recommend staying at the Sailport Resort. We traveled with a group of 12 last January. We had 4 families with children. We got two rooms (all are suites), so 2 families per suite. I am still not sure how to describe this resort. It feels like a hotel, but the suites are essentially 2 bedroom apartments. They have 2 BR's, 2 Baths, nice living room, full kitchen and balcony. They are very nice, and in a great area.

There are many restaurants near by. The hotel shuttle took us everywhere for free. Picked us up at the airport, took us to the cruise terminal, etc. We ate at a seafood place right on the water. We had called Bahama Breeze for a reservation, when we got there despite the reservation they were an hour away from seating us. So, our shuttle driver called back to the Sailport. He got off of the phone and told us the manger had called over to this restaurant and there would be a table waiting for us. It appeared to be a rather expensive restaurant, but it was very affordable and outstanding food. I think a main seafood entree or steak was $14 or $15. The place was great.

Anyway, the Sailport sure took care of us. The free shuttle made it even better with our large group. I think we paid $65 per couple (~$130 per suite if I remember right).

We are booked on the Legend for the end of January, I will write a review. As far as hotels in Tampa, we are booked at the Embassy Suites Airport/Westshore ...free airport pick up and they provide a shuttle to the pier for 10 bucks each. I just looked at my reservation, and realized they have it as one adult:eek:, since I'm on my honeymoon :rolleyes:I think that would be very lonely...Guess it's time to call again.

As to excursions, we booked the submarine in Cayman, (listed by Frommers as one of the three best things to do there) the hubbies are scuba-ing in Cozumel, my BFF and I are going to do the Tour of Cozumel, in Belize we are going to Goff's Caye, and in Roatan, hubby is scuba-ing again, and I am going to Mahagony Bay Beach.

I've been on the Legend twice (actually got married on the Legend!!) Both times we went to Belize we went cave tubing with Major and Minor Tom (great family ran buisness). Check out www dot cave-tubing dot net. You will have a blast caving tubing with this company. Happy cruising.

We are cruising the Legend March 2010 and would like to hear what others thought of the ship. This will be a western cruise and I could use some feed back if anyone has done the cave tubing in Belize, is it worth it? fun? I have 2 teenage girls that want to do it.

Great ship and great tour......we did the cave tubing and it was really loads of fun....your teenage girls will LOVE it!

We absolutely loved the Legend. The Spirit Class ships are my favorite so far. Not to big and not to small. When we were in Belize the first time we went cave tubeing with Yhonny and cavetubeing.com. They were a little less expensive than Carnival and we had a blast. This last trip to Belize, on the Legend, we did the Carnival Zip Line excursion and had a great time as well. I think the Teenagers would like either, so if their hearts are set on cave tubeing, like Nike saus, Just Do It.:D

We loved the Legend. Great layout and easy to get around. Food was great and our servers were awesome. We were late seating and their only table-so they spoiled us. Enjoyed the gym facilities. Rough seas the first 2 days-missed Grand Cayman. Loved playing "cornhole" (I think they call it bag toss) several times during the week. Won 2 ships on a stick. My mil and I did a cooking class on the beach in Cozumel-had the time of our life. Would book it again. We are going on Costa in March and the ship is the exact layout of the Legend. Enjoy!!

We're leaving on the Legend this Sunday and have teenagers. I'll be writing a review when we get back. In GC we're doing Nativeway's Rays' date=' Reef & Rum Point excursion. In Cozumel we're going to go to Paradise Beach and then do some shopping and Margaritavilling. In Belize we are going Cave Tubing and ATV's with Yhony and in Roatan we're just going to stay at the new Mahogony Bay port and beach since its a short day and fourth port day in a row. I'd rather go on a tour with Victor Bodden or Rony but I'm betting my kids won't want to get up early again by then.[/quote']

There aren't that many recent Legend reviews, so I will be looking foward to reading yours, especially GC. We are using Nativeway for RR&R in Feb and I am so excited.

I don't know if you have used Yhony before, but if you haven't you will love him, we used him back in Feb and the tour was fantastic. ATV's were so much fun! It ended up being just me and my boyfriend on the ATV trail and we had a blast. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did.:)

I was on the legend just before Thanksgiving. had anytime dining and had the worst service ever. I ended up complaining one night it was so bad.

over 20 minutes before the waiter came to our table.

when the bread was left at our table I had to ask for butter.

there was a huge red stain on the table cloth hidden by the bread plate.

When I finally got my lobster and shrimp there were no veggies or potato on the plate.

When The waiter finally took out order I told him I might want a second lobster, but I would tell him after i finished the first on. he told me that I needed to tell him now.

I ordered a glass of nonfat milk with dinner and when I got it, it was warm.

This all happened at one meal on elegant night.

only one night there was not a mix up at dinner, most of the time it was just small things like whoever served us not knowing who ordered what, bringing the wrong dish to the wrong person.

On the paradise last may, open dining was great with out one problem.

Archived