Need help putting together trip

SEASMOM

I have two free tickets to seattle. I like the north and southbound rcl radiance trips. I would like to go to denali and also do the kenai fjord all day trip. Does anyone have ideas how to put this together in the most economical way.

Thanks for all suggestions.

Yes, I can help you put it together. :) Some necessary information this board needs.

When are you looking to go?? How much time do you have interior Alaska?? Best is to allow 5+ days with a rental car, longer if only considering the train.

Cheaper may be taking a northbound cruise third week of May, or northbound first week of Sept. I do not recommend outside these timeframes with your Denali Park priority.

On a northbound- spend the day in Seward on a Kenai Fjords boat tour- if you have the time, stay a night, for extended touring. Then the train, at 6pm to Anchorage, overnight in Anchorage. Worthwhile to visit the city, if of interest with another night. Or, get a rental car/RV and drive to Denali Park, for at least a 2 night stay. Allow 6 hours, can add several stops along the way. If McKinley flightseeing is a priority, schedule this first for the way up to Denali Park. Either direction, can add an overnight in Talkeetna. For a full day of touring, consider an overnight flight home from Anchorage.

Southbound, would take the train- to Seward, with an overnight well worth it, after going north with Denali Park.

You will need a one way flight either to/from Seattle. Alaska Airlines has frequent flights.

I have two free tickets to seattle. I like the north and southbound rcl radiance trips. I would like to go to denali and also do the kenai fjord all day trip. Does anyone have ideas how to put this together in the most economical way.

Thanks for all suggestions.

Absolutely the best advice I can give you is to find a good local Travel Agent who is a CLIA Accredited Cruise Counselor (look for the agent's diploma on the wall, not just an agency sticker). Ask your friends and co-workers for a recommendation. The service is entirely free to you. ACC's are trained to find the very best cruise for you, after learning your personal situation and preferences, and work hard to get you the very best rate. They can investigate cruise line packages, local suppliers and also FIT (Fully Independent Tours) and help you put it all together.

Have a GREAT cruise!

They can investigate cruise line packages, local suppliers and also FIT (Fully Independent Tours) and help you put it all together.

Sorry, I totally disagree with this, 99% of the travel agents won't do anything more for interior Alaska touring then book cruisetours, maybe, if lucky an independent touring company. They certainly are NOT going to be able to give any "advice" or make an itinerary using a rental car, local lodging, know anything about access into Denali Park, have any clue about driving distances or time frames, or even areas. This poster has already chosen the Radiance. The information, about a budget tour, can certainly be generated here on this board for independent touring of interior Alaska.

Sorry, I totally disagree with this, 99% of the travel agents won't do anything more for interior Alaska touring then book cruisetours, maybe, if lucky an independent touring company. They certainly are NOT going to be able to give any "advice" or make an itinerary using a rental car, local lodging, know anything about access into Denali Park, have any clue about driving distances or time frames, or even areas. This poster has already chosen the Radiance. The information, about a budget tour, can certainly be generated here on this board for independent touring of interior Alaska.

LOL -- BQ and I go around on this one. It happens that my DW is a MCC (Master Cruise Counselor) who has put together hundreds of Alaska cruise packages of all sorts for many years. To state that "99%" of travel agents know nothing is completely erroneous. There are many many agents like my wife who have extensive travel experience as well as extensive experience and training in using their sophisticated booking tools to find the best opportunities. Certainly there are some whose knowledge is less than complete. Lots of them work for online cruise only agencies and indeed know nothing more than how to book a cruisetour. But with a little searching, a consideration of the agent's qualifications, and recommendations from friends, most people should have no trouble finding an ACC who has extensive knowledge about Alaska or any other destination, and access to sources that will give them much information. To imply that 99% of Travel Agents are incompetent is simply ludicrous!

I repeat that for someone at the very beginning of planning a trip to Alaska, find a good local Travel Agent who is a CLIA Accredited Cruise Counselor (look for the agent's diploma on the wall, not just an agency sticker). Ask your friends and co-workers for a recommendation. The service is entirely free to you. ACC's are trained to find the very best cruise for you, after learning your personal situation and preferences, and work hard to get you the very best rate.

I repeat that for someone at the very beginning of planning a trip to Alaska, find a good local Travel Agent who is a CLIA Accredited Cruise Counselor (look for the agent's diploma on the wall, not just an agency sticker). Ask your friends and co-workers for a recommendation. The service is entirely free to you. ACC's are trained to find the very best cruise for you, after learning your personal situation and preferences, and work hard to get you the very best rate.

I live in a relatively large metropolitan area. However, when I used a link you provided in one of your earlier posts, the closest accredited cruise counselor I could find was 30 minutes away. I was just not willing to go that far. I really expected to be able to find one much closer. So, I basically used this board and several books for my own research. Then I went to the local TA and had them book the cruise I chose. Unlike many on this board, I did like having a local TA. When we had a little glitch, she was able to go to bat for us and solve our problem. It took her a bit of work, but everything was resolved satisfactorly.

LOL -- BQ and I go around on this one. It happens that my DW is a MCC (Master Cruise Counselor) who has put together hundreds of Alaska cruise packages of all sorts for many years. To state that "99%" of travel agents know nothing is completely erroneous. There are many many agents like my wife who have extensive travel experience as well as extensive experience and training in using their sophisticated booking tools to find the best opportunities. Certainly there are some whose knowledge is less than complete. Lots of them work for online cruise only agencies and indeed know nothing more than how to book a cruisetour. But with a little searching, a consideration of the agent's qualifications, and recommendations from friends, most people should have no trouble finding an ACC who has extensive knowledge about Alaska or any other destination, and access to sources that will give them much information. To imply that 99% of Travel Agents are incompetent is simply ludicrous!

Really, your wife is an expert of independent Alaska interior travel? Your wife has NEVER traveled there independently, and I'm assuming she has gotten PLENTY of information right from this board, you certainly have. I am referring ONLY to independent touring. First hand information is grossly superior.

Archived