GYM on PA II ?

rojaan19

We are booked on the PA II this August, and seeing my NEW YEARS Resolution is to walk 5 kilometres every day :p can someone tell me what is in the gym on the PAII ?

Ann

I passed it on the way to the restaurant every day, but never actually went inside :o - sorry. Looked like it had an elliptical machine and a treadmill, plus a weight machine (like a universal gym). The room itself is pretty small, but seemed to work OK, and some of our fellow passengers used it frequently. Hopefully someone who actually used it can answer you for sure!

rojaan,

What date in August are you booked on the PAII? We are on the 22 Aug sailing from Tromso to Reykjavik. I see there is a Captain's Choice tour on this sailing so hope there are also lots of other people as well (not that we do not like travelling with our country "men", just nice to have a balance and a mixture of organised tour and independent travellers). We were on a China cruise in November where we were the only ones not on a cruise-tour and felt a little out of place.

So you will be ending up in Tromso. It looked a great itinerary as well but we really wanted to see Iceland so opted for the later cruise. Who are you flying with? We haven't booked air yet but are checking airlines and will book soon. Also some accommodation - we want a couple of nights in Reykjavik and probably only one in Tromso with a few somewhere else - maybe Oslo. Have never been to this region before so do not have favourite places here to guide me. Had better get a move on as the time will go quickly I am sure!

Hi AF,

We have already booked our flights and accomodation, we are flying QF to Bangkok - having a couple of days there, then Finn Air to Oslo. This cruise is part of a 2 month trip for us, and like you a region we havent been to before. We have a couple of days back in Oslo before heading to Moscow, then on to the US.

I really hope we see a Polar Bear !!

Hi Rojaan,

We are also booked for Aug. 12 PAII and looking forward to it. Do you by any chance know if they supply boots?

When we went to Antarctica on Regent Explorer II, they supplied us with boots

hi mrset,

From what I have read so far, the PAII does supply boots. We are not taking any with us as I cant pack light and this trip is 2 months - so taking boots is not an option !!

Really looking foreward to this trip

ANN

We are booked on the PA II this August, and seeing my NEW YEARS Resolution is to walk 5 kilometres every day :p can someone tell me what is in the gym on the PAII ?

Ann

Very tiny near the dining room and across from the gift shop. You need to get there very early if you want to use the treadmill.

Archived