LaQuinta Inn Hollywood Airport FLL - Real Time Review

newlife_2010

I am staying here now and I am very impressed. I was weary about my stay because of the negative reviews. Yes, it is not a 5 start (maybe not even 3 star) but it is in no way bad!

I called the front desk at 2am to request early check in, she said call back at 6am. I called at 6am and she said a room was available and that she would send a shuttle right over between 15 and 20 mins. I went to the shuttle pick up and at 615am, the shuttle arrived! I was checked in and in my room by 640am. I have read complains about the staff being rude. I have not found that to be true at all - they are reserved but in no way rude. But that is just my opinion.

Plus, the free breakfast is small but FREE! Why do people complain about free food? Waffles, muffins, breads, drinks and cereal! It was delicious to me at 7am!!

My room (again not 5 star) but is is comfortable. I have a king size room and it is spacious. With a view of the lake. It is not the cleanest - but again, it is not bad in anyway. For one night, I can dig it.

The elevators are very slow. However, likely no slower than the elevators in de-embarkation day. I have been using the stairs- no bigge, I need the exercise.

I do not have a car. But I was intrigued to know that my room key would get me 15% off at Fridays. There is a little shopping district (no major stores or pharmacy) with a red lobster, fridays, movie theater. It is about a 10 minute walk from LaQuinta Inn to the shopping district. I went during day light hours - I would not walk there at night though. But during day time, there is a lot of traffic so your not alone. There is a CVS and it looked like an outlet mall behind the shopping district but it is seperated by a highway so there is no way to cross the street.

As for the port everglades stuttle - I will not be using it. They wait for the bus to fill up before it leaves and they base it off of everyone in the hotel who needs to use it. It does not pick up until 11am either. I guess for some this is ok. However, I have already put in my request for a cab at 9am tomorrow so I can be at the port nice and early.

And as a side note, I know a lot of people fly in the day of their cruise. But it is so nice to stay somewhere the night before and sleep and relax.

I am staying here now and I am very impressed. I was weary about my stay because of the negative reviews. Yes, it is not a 5 start (maybe not even 3 star) but it is in no way bad!

I called the front desk at 2am to request early check in, she said call back at 6am. I called at 6am and she said a room was available and that she would send a shuttle right over between 15 and 20 mins. I went to the shuttle pick up and at 615am, the shuttle arrived! I was checked in and in my room by 640am. I have read complains about the staff being rude. I have not found that to be true at all - they are reserved but in no way rude. But that is just my opinion.

Plus, the free breakfast is small but FREE! Why do people complain about free food? Waffles, muffins, breads, drinks and cereal! It was delicious to me at 7am!!

My room (again not 5 star) but is is comfortable. I have a king size room and it is spacious. With a view of the lake. It is not the cleanest - but again, it is not bad in anyway. For one night, I can dig it.

The elevators are very slow. However, likely no slower than the elevators in de-embarkation day. I have been using the stairs- no bigge, I need the exercise.

I do not have a car. But I was intrigued to know that my room key would get me 15% off at Fridays. There is a little shopping district (no major stores or pharmacy) with a red lobster, fridays, movie theater. It is about a 10 minute walk from LaQuinta Inn to the shopping district. I went during day light hours - I would not walk there at night though. But during day time, there is a lot of traffic so your not alone. There is a CVS and it looked like an outlet mall behind the shopping district but it is seperated by a highway so there is no way to cross the street.

As for the port everglades stuttle - I will not be using it. They wait for the bus to fill up before it leaves and they base it off of everyone in the hotel who needs to use it. It does not pick up until 11am either. I guess for some this is ok. However, I have already put in my request for a cab at 9am tomorrow so I can be at the port nice and early.

And as a side note, I know a lot of people fly in the day of their cruise. But it is so nice to stay somewhere the night before and sleep and relax.

Thanks for posting. I'm not sure why you would want to be at the port so early. They often don't start check in until noon, and may not even let you inside the terminal. We usually arrive at noon and usually just walk right in, but even at that time have had to wait outside in lines a couple of times.

What does this mean? I should think everyone would want a clean room, and as well, I would expect my hotel room to be clean.

Good question - there is visible dirt in the tub (not a lot). There is a mild odor in the hallways and the room (nothing too bad). That is really it - again, it is not dirty - housekeeping just needs to do a better job of cleaning. I havent complained because I am not here long enough but others may feel otherwise.

Archived