Noordam booking

mauimaitai

We are planning on booking the Southern Caribbean 10 day cruise for Nov. 3, 2010. We will be booking a Verandah cabin. We are planning to book the least expensive Verandah cabin and are wondering if there is a specific cabin, location,or deck that we should request? Thanks in advance for information....many more questions to follow!!

We are planning on booking the Southern Caribbean 10 day cruise for Nov. 3, 2010. We will be booking a Verandah cabin. We are planning to book the least expensive Verandah cabin and are wondering if there is a specific cabin, location,or deck that we should request? Thanks in advance for information....many more questions to follow!!

If you are booking the lowest verandah category, that will be "VH" and it is all the way forward, Deck 4, shower only and solid steel verandah

Next highest "VF" is still forward on Deck 4, solid steel railing, many are shower only. Or, they are slightly more midship (forward or aft) on Deck 5, with a clearview side but with a verandah that is not as deep.

Category "VE" is fully midship on deck 5, but note that these rooms do not have as large of a balcony (same story as Deck 5 VF)

Category "VD" is back on Deck 4, a little larger verandah, clear view... and for the categories above "VD" just go up decks until you reach Deck 8. The exceptions being that aft facing verandahs are either VB or VA and are on decks 4-8.

NOTE: If by saying you are booking the lowest, you mean that you are booking a "Guarantee" you get no say over where the room will be located. That is assigned by HAL. The only things you can bet on are that you will be locked into the price you paid no matter what type of upgrade you MAY receive... and that you will, at a minimum, receive the category you paid for.

If you are looking for a lower cost verandah cabin with a little extra balcony, I recommend VD4164 or VD4166. I would pick either of those cabins over ANY other verandah cabin, including VA's. We request one of those cabins and usually specify no interest in an upgrade, since an upgrade is not always an upgrade in the size of the cabin, just in the location of that cabin. We prefer the cabins closer to the waterline generally.

Enjoy your cruise! We were on the Noordam in Jan/Feb 2009 and I posted a thread while we were on the ship. I've also posted menus, movies, and other prices for various services. I also posted the daily papers and shore excursions on my Webshots page (along with pictures).

Many of these things (menu, daily programs) probably will be a bit different, but this will give you an idea of what you might expect on your cruise. We had a delightful time on the Noordam, and have just booked another cruise on the Noordam. :)

Webshots...

http://community.webshots.com/user/twinkletoes4343

Daily and excursion thread...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=914051

Menu, movies, prices, etc. thread...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=18101476&posted=1#post18101476

If you are looking for a lower cost verandah cabin with a little extra balcony, I recommend VD4164 or VD4166. I would pick either of those cabins over ANY other verandah cabin, including VA's. We request one of those cabins and usually specify no interest in an upgrade, since an upgrade is not always an upgrade in the size of the cabin, just in the location of that cabin. We prefer the cabins closer to the waterline generally.

Please tell me what makes 4164 or 4166 so special. I just booked 4149 but was planning to switch to the other side of the ship anyway. On the deck plans there appears to be a staircase between those two cabins. Is that correct?

Please tell me what makes 4164 or 4166 so special. I just booked 4149 but was planning to switch to the other side of the ship anyway. On the deck plans there appears to be a staircase between those two cabins. Is that correct?

That is the difference. The area in between is for crew, and the benefit is much larger balconies for those two staterooms. At least on the Noordam that is the case and I assume on the other Vistas also. Salzburg

Thanks, Twinkletoes, for posting that link. I hadn't seen the video before! We sail on the Noordam again on Monday!

I don't know where I came across that video. I think someone here posted it. We're standing at the back of the ship next to the stairs (just above the aft deck). I wish we were sailing this year! We're booked on the Noordam in March 2011. You should join us! It would be fun seeing you again. :)

Have a wonderful time on your cruise!

We will be traveling this march 15 on a 10 day Carribean aboard the Noordam. Just wondering if anyone else will be joining us. We went last year on the Noordam and really enjoyed ourselves. Looking forward to another great time!

We will be traveling this march 15 on a 10 day Carribean aboard the Noordam. Just wondering if anyone else will be joining us. We went last year on the Noordam and really enjoyed ourselves. Looking forward to another great time!

Archived