Marina

Royalco

Books open exclusively for Oceania Club members on January 13, 2010. For the general public books open on January 18, 2010.

And yet the deck plans and specific itineraries are still not released as of January 2nd.

Marinas' public relations have all the warmth and transparence of a Soviet Gulag (apologies to Leonid!).

I think they are doing a great job building the anticipation! I bet there will be plenty of time to decipher the deck plans and fares before Jan 13. How much time do you need? You can't book until the 13th, anyway...I bet I make up my mind which cabin I want within an hour of getting the information.

Insulting them will not get it to you any faster...:p

If Oceania keeps to the schedule I received from my TA on 15 December, We should be getting brochures next week, ie, 4-8 January

1st week of January Marina brochure will start arriving in past guests homes

January 11 I will have a copy of the itineraries available for my clients to view. (just in case you do not receive your brochure in time)

January 13 Past guests can begin booking their cruises.

January 18 Open to the general public for booking & the Brochure will be available to everyone.

Don

We agree yet again.

Oceania's PR team is pathetic!

What, if anything at all, do deck plans have to do with generating PR?

While I can see what the itineraries have to do with the equation, why release them if we can't book them?

If you're a past guest, you are going to get the brochure this coming week and be able to see eveything before the general public. I couldn't ask for more than that!

If Oceania keeps to the schedule I received from my TA on 15 December, We should be getting brochures next week, ie, 4-8 January

Don

I wonder if Canadians will get them on schedule:confused::confused::confused:

Usually we get them much later than the USA

Lyn

Lyn

My TA is a Canadian who works in Ottawa. If I don't get the brochure this coming week, I will visit her office on January 11th.

Don

Don

Yes that will work also provided they get them on time .;)

When O mails them to Past members sometimes we do not get our copy for a few weeks after the US past members.

There is no rush for us

Lyn

I do find it interesting that "luxury" service providers (not just O or other cruise lines) continue to be so enamored with printing high gloss brochures that must cost a small fortune to print and mail.

You'd think an email blast of a brochure PDF would be more efficient and resolve delivery issues (sans spam filters) and be far more cost effective.

I guess people still like to touch the glossy paper with higher end purchases...

I think they are doing a great job building the anticipation! I bet there will be plenty of time to decipher the deck plans and fares before Jan 13. How much time do you need? You can't book until the 13th, anyway...I bet I make up my mind which cabin I want within an hour of getting the information.

Insulting them will not get it to you any faster...:p

Comrades JimandStan aren't insulting at all. Just telling it like it is!

Gee, I'm not a TA, and I am excited about getting the info since I am a "happy Oceania cruiser." I am sooo looking forward to the Marina info. Gee, I'm promoting it with my friends, and I don't even work for O (well, maybe I do as a satisfied consumer).

You'd think an email blast of a brochure PDF would be more efficient and resolve delivery issues (sans spam filters) and be far more cost effective....
Yes and no, electronic brochures usually get lost or deleted after it is over. Instead if you get the paper brochure, years after the fact, you can still read it and use its data to compare with current prices, etc.

You'd think an email blast of a brochure PDF would be more efficient and resolve delivery issues (sans spam filters) and be far more cost effective....
Yes and no, electronic brochures usually get lost or deleted after it is over. Instead if you get the paper brochure, years after the fact, you can still read it and use its data to compare with current prices, etc.

Everyone is different - past pricing isn't of interest to me and the recycling box gets loaded with these mailers on a regular basis. PDF's on the other hand, not unlike image files can be found years afterward on my hard drives but that's a reflection of how I choose to store data (small box vs. piles of paper).

I got my Marina booklet last Saturday. Everyone else get theirs by now? It has the deck plans in it.

Geeze..who do you know? LOL

What info does it provide? Anything about itineraries?

:rolleyes:Maybe you can scan it and post it here..

I would if I had a scanner. I'm sure everyone will have theirs soon. It has the first 5 itineraries in it which covers until April 16th. That cruise ends in Barcelona so I'm sure it will be touring the Med after that. I think that info is probably on the website but I"m not sure as I haven't looked at it lately.

Archived