Ridiculous Movie Choice

magicterp

This movie was supposedly true but...could this couple or the dive operator have done anything else wrong??? I think that certain aspects of the story could have happened but it's really doubtful that so many things could have gone wrong in one dive. The couple didn't seem to check any gauges. You can only dive for so long depending on your depth. It is amazing that they stayed down so long that everyone was back on the boat and the boat was gone before they surfaced. And you can hear underwater. I am amazed that they didn't hear the boat motor. The whole thing was a bit unreal. Plus I wonder how long they had to chum to get the sharks to react that wildly???

Okay, a little off topic here but . . . this reminds me of a recent event in metro Atlanta. We were having some severe weather, and one of the radio stations reported a tornado warning for a particular area, and then proceeded to play "How Far is Heaven" as their next song.:eek:

Carmel:

That is amazing! Almost the same thing happened to my son. I'm not sure that books about the Titanic are even appropriate for kindergarten and 1st grade, the only kids using this particular library...

I can't even begin to tell you how many conversations we had about how things had changed in the intervening years, etc. What really seemed to reassure him was that there are no icebergs in the Caribbean (don't know what I'll do if we ever cruise to Alaska!!)

We came home after the big snowstorm in the northeast in mid-Jan. and instead of a snowman, he made the Titantic. Yikes!

Just off the Miracle and LOVED everything about it! Just one thing though... Somebody sure has a strange sense of humor to decide to show the movie "Open Water" on a Western Caribbean cruise ship. This happened to be one of the free movies showing in the cabins throughout the week. For those of you that aren't aware, it is a movie about a very bad scuba diving experience.

Hey Carnival, why not make it a triple feature of Open Water, Titanic, and The Poseidon Adventure!!

That really is just to funny. I wouldn't of booked any scuba diving/snorkleing excursion if I saw that movie. When we did the shark/ray alley snorkel in Belize, I stayed by the guide the whole time. When he was counting the people he made a joke saying "Ok, we have 28 people I don't care if your not suppose to be on here just as long as we have 28," when we went to Mexico they played Man on Fire. That is about all the kidnappings that occur in Mexico.

Archived