Ridiculous Movie Choice

magicterp

Just off the Miracle and LOVED everything about it! Just one thing though... Somebody sure has a strange sense of humor to decide to show the movie "Open Water" on a Western Caribbean cruise ship. This happened to be one of the free movies showing in the cabins throughout the week. For those of you that aren't aware, it is a movie about a very bad scuba diving experience.

Hey Carnival, why not make it a triple feature of Open Water, Titanic, and The Poseidon Adventure!!

Just off the Miracle and LOVED everything about it! Just one thing though... Somebody sure has a strange sense of humor to decide to show the movie "Open Water" on a Western Caribbean cruise ship. This happened to be one of the free movies showing in the cabins throughout the week. For those of you that aren't aware, it is a movie about a very bad scuba diving experience.

Hey Carnival, why not make it a triple feature of Open Water, Titanic, and The Poseidon Adventure!!

Watched it a bit (on mute) until the water turned red. Then I went up to the Lido deck for a cheeseburger.

So, you were held in your cabin at gun point and forced to watch it?:rolleyes:

I always thought that they should have special times when they show movies like the titanic, etc.... I mean, you could really get into it and imagine...not that you would want to do that....

And for airplanes I'd like to see movies with airplane crashes....I think it just makes the whole experience all that much more :) I really do....

Obviously I have no fear that a sinking or crash will happen (even though they do)....I would just love to get more of the effect and have them show those movies in appropriate settings... I mean, watching the sinking of a ship in your family room could not have the same effect as watching the sinking of a ship on a ship :)

The person that put on Open Water....I'd like to shake their hand ;) even if it is just about sharks. Yes, a review would be good if anyone has seen it....it looked interesting.

I know what you mean, I too was surprised about that movie. We sailed the Miracle 12/26/04.

As a matter of fact that was the hot topic at one of the dinner tables.

The ship was great, loved everything but the Cruise Director and Belize.

Mark Hawkins really need some help, I sat next to him on our excursion in Belize, we did the Power Boat Ride -- a total waste of money! Mark was hard to get to talk, he was more interested in sleeping. Oh yeah did I mention it poured rain!

Other than that the Miracle was great -- but the movie surprised us.

Does anyone remember when the airlines banned Airport 77 from being the inflight movie? I remember reading that somewhere- they were worried passengers would be panicked during the flight. I never understood what the big deal was. I mean I thought the idea that a 747 could survive a crash into the ocean and stay afloat for several hours while the coast guard planned a rescue was a good thing. That should give you a little hope- LOL

When we told my 5yr old we were going on a cruise, she said she was going to school the next day and pick out a book at the library about cruising. She asked the librarian to help her find a book and the librarian picked out one about the Titanic! He father and I were dumbfounded and spent the rest of the evening explaining that there weren't icebergs in the Caribbean. Poor thing, we were worried it would scare her (luckily, it didn't)

p.s. I forgot to add that my DD made it clear to the librarian that SHE was GOING on a cruise. She didn't just go up to her and asked her for a book about boats. LOL

I know what you mean, I too was surprised about that movie. We sailed the Miracle 12/26/04.

As a matter of fact that was the hot topic at one of the dinner tables.

The ship was great, loved everything but the Cruise Director and Belize.

Mark Hawkins really need some help, I sat next to him on our excursion in Belize, we did the Power Boat Ride -- a total waste of money! Mark was hard to get to talk, he was more interested in sleeping. Oh yeah did I mention it poured rain!

Other than that the Miracle was great -- but the movie surprised us.

Sorry to hear you didn't like Mark Hawkins or Belize. We liked Mark (although our Jan. 2 sailing was his last as CD on the Miracle AND we absolutely LOVED Belize (we did the River Wallace Altun Ha tour, which was incredible). We got about 2 minutes of rain during the entire week, otherwise it was upper 80's and sunny every day with clear but windy nights.

Great ship, great ports, and a great family vacation! Just a curious choice of movie...

• 4 weeks later...

Archived