Hotels in Seattle

collector

Does anyone know of a reasonable hotel in Seattle that has a complimentary shuttle from the SeaTac airport and then to the port where Holland America sails from. I'm a slingle traveler who will be going in early June.

As far as I know, the only hotels that provide transportation to hotel from SeaTac are at the airport.

We stayed downtown at the Westin (Priceline, great price). There are several busses that run from SeaTac right to downtown hotels, reasonably priced.

The port from downtown hotels is not far, and a taxi would be around $10.

If you got one of the hotels that are right at the port, you could walk to the ship. (Edgewater???).

I think someone that lives in Seattle could really give you some good info.

I have also been researching Seattle as my DD and I will be cruising out of there in July. We want convenience and economy - not a good mix from what I can tell. There is a huge thread on Seattle that has a LOT of good information here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=720705

Use the search feature to find out specific answers.

Here is my current plan:

We are currently booked at the Comfort Inn & Suites downtown. It is near the space needle and the monorail so I think it will be a convenient place for us to stay the night before the cruise. It is well priced for the location. I DO plan on bidding for a 4* hotel starting about 6 weeks before the cruise downtown on Priceline. I have had good luck with that in the past. If we can get a 4* for the same or lower price than the Comfort Inn, then great. If not, I have a good back-up.:cool:

Transportation - Car Service from the airport to the hotel and cab to the ship the next day. There are no shuttles to DT hotels. I thought about staying close to the airport the first night for that reason, but decided against it as the airport area is not supposed to be so nice and we want to be able to go out and do something prior to the cruise.

I have read there is a new light rail from the airport to downtown, but do not know any more than that. I am concerned about lugging our luggage any distance alone.

I am open to any other suggestions from those who live in the area or who have 'been there & done that'.:) I have been to Seattle several times (last time about 5 years ago) but have always had a rental car. This time I will not and that seems to be making a HUGE difference.

the port of Seattle has a website that lists hotels with a park and fly or fly and stay program. These aren't really needed in Seattle since any downtown hotel is a short cab ride from port. I put a page together to answer questions and there is a link in the article to Port of Seattle info. Here is the link

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g60878-c50949/Seattle:Washington:Cruises.From.Seattle.html

feel free to asks questions on the Seattle tripdvisor forum as well

David

Archived