Catalina Island - Will P & O go there?

angiebabes

Hi,

Just reading the P & O Community Forum this morning and it appears that the majority of cruisies with Catalina Island on the itinerary have not got there. With changes to other places at last minute. One person stated that when they were on their Ventura Cruise, the ship got stuck on a sand bank!!!!

Going 26th Feb. Where else might we end up if P & O decide not to dock there????

Angie:confused:

On the Community Forum, one of the members said it got stuck on a sandbank and divers from Dominican Republic had to come and help dislodge the Ventura. Other members said Catalina Island has been omitted from the cruise itinery recently before there cruises. On the site no one seems to have much good to say about it aswell. Annoying as we where going to Cayo Levandardo then it changed to Catalina. Wonder where we will end up. A day on the ship maybe???

Hi,

Just reading the P & O Community Forum this morning and it appears that the majority of cruisies with Catalina Island on the itinerary have not got there. With changes to other places at last minute. One person stated that when they were on their Ventura Cruise, the ship got stuck on a sand bank!!!!

Going 26th Feb. Where else might we end up if P & O decide not to dock there????

Angie:confused:

We went to Antigua in November:D

Cb

Wouldnt mind Grenada to be honest, reports on Catalina tend to be mixed! Trouble is there might be difficulty getting a good excursion as it will be last minute!!!! I will keep checking the ships in port in Grenada on the day we should be at Catalina to get a head start!!! I have checked today and nothing Ventura for that day - yet!!!!

Wouldnt mind Grenada to be honest, reports on Catalina tend to be mixed! Trouble is there might be difficulty getting a good excursion as it will be last minute!!!! I will keep checking the ships in port in Grenada on the day we should be at Catalina to get a head start!!! I have checked today and nothing Ventura for that day - yet!!!!

They will rejig the schedule so check Grenada for the week Cb

Hi just returned from 28 night caribbean cruise on oceana. We did not call at catalina island the ship went to martinique instead. Not a lot in port area just shops and small beach can catch ferry to better beach or go on trip off ship

Just back from Oceana and they rejigged our schedule to remove Catalina Island. We went to Martinique instead ... a very nice little port (which I considered to be an upgrade from Catalina).

I had to laugh at the Captains announcement which, after explaining the situation, he squeezed in a comment that made fun of the compensation seekers who even thought of going to reception to say their main reason for picking the cruise was to go to Catalina.

Our 19 year old nephew went on this over Christmas and came back disappointed. The rum punch included was so strong he couldn't drink it and he hadn't taken any cash so couldn't buy anything else.

All together now...aaaah...(these youngsters, can't stand the pace!)

However the somewhat elderly lady who sat next to Paul in the theatre that night had thoroughly enjoyed the same trip and had evidently drunk her fair share. She was also soundly asleep throughout the entire show! (Grease, and we were on the front row!)

Carol x

We are due to visit Catalina on March 3rd on Ventura N005 - I phoned P&O and they said that our visit is still planned to happen.

I have read reports of Malaria - is that the reason they are not going there - they would not tell me why earlier cruises have not gone there.

Is it normal to take Malaria tablets to visit Catalina - I'm not sure that I want to go there now in view of this.

You will most likely go to Grenada or Antigua. P&O always say there is no plan to miss out Catalina Island, when people ring them up to check. I think P&O already know, but they just fob people off.

P&O its about tme you got your act together and just told people the truth from the start!!!

Does this mean that you are not told until you are on board that Catalina is cancelled. What is the official reason for not going there - is it Malaria ?

I am very disappointed with P&O - we like to plan some tours independently, this will be a mess if they change the order of ports

We were first made aware of the change to our itinerary in an e-mail from Cosol tours which we had booked independently on St Lucia, he had become aware of our change of date and let us know. I then rang CruiseKings and they gave me the revised itinerary. We also had an independent tour booked with Greg's Safari's on St Kitts which we were able to re-schedule. This was all before we flew out.

Carol x

P&O dont actually inform you of the change until you board the ship. We didnt actually know of the change until something was put in our cabin by the Steward.

If you ring them before you go, they will insist there has not been a change to itinery.

P&O dont actually inform you of the change until you board the ship. We didnt actually know of the change until something was put in our cabin by the Steward.

If you ring them before you go, they will insist there has not been a change to itinery.

P&O sent me an 'emergency notification' back in July to say that they had substituted Catalina Island for Cayo Levantado to 'enhance my holiday experience'

I wish they would 'enhance my holiday experience' by telling me, where I will be on March 3rd !!

Archived