Toddler Sleeping Arrangements?

Jake&Amanda

We are taking our 19 month old with us on the Carnival Freedom in 12 days!!!! :D We've been on many cruises, but this will be her first.

She's still in a crib at home.

I know they provide pack n plays in the room, but she's tall, and doesn't fit in them well.

We are flying from MI to FL, so bringing a portable crib isn't very feasible.

We called about renting a crib in the FL area, and they want a LOT of money to deliver it.

Do I have any other options?? We have a balcony room with a couch, and I've heard of people turning the couch around and making it into a bed. Anyone have any success with that? Do we just take our chances with the pack n play? I just want her to sleep well.

Thoughts?

Thank you!

My son has been in the 99% percentile for height for nearly his entire life (he's 2 now). He too has outgrown his pack n play but at 19 months he was still sleeping in one.

But if your daughter truly can't get a good night's rest in one, perhaps look at buying a portable bed for your vacation. I recently bought one for my 2 year old for our upcoming vacation to FL and cruise. I decided against the blow up variety (too much of a hassle) so the one we got can be set up in a few seconds. We tried it out the other night and my son slept perfect fine. It's low to ground so there's no chance for injury.

http://www.amazon.com/Regalo-My-Cot-Portable-Bed/dp/B000H1MRJO/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1262617806&sr=8-2

My son has been in the 99% percentile for height for nearly his entire life (he's 2 now). He too has outgrown his pack n play but at 19 months he was still sleeping in one.

But if your daughter truly can't get a good night's rest in one, perhaps look at buying a portable bed for your vacation. I recently bought one for my 2 year old for our upcoming vacation to FL and cruise. I decided against the blow up variety (too much of a hassle) so the one we got can be set up in a few seconds. We tried it out the other night and my son slept perfect fine. It's low to ground so there's no chance for injury.

http://www.amazon.com/Regalo-My-Cot-Portable-Bed/dp/B000H1MRJO/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1262617806&sr=8-2

Thanks for the link, we had no idea that this type of set up was an option. Wal Mart carries these items too.

Thanks for the link, we had no idea that this type of set up was an option. Wal Mart carries these items too.

Sure! It collapses fast and is light weight so it could easily fit under the bed when not in use thus not taking up a lot of space in your stateroom. Crib sheets fit it, too. :D

This cot is a great idea! We've got a mini-suite on NCL Jewel in March and have been trying to figure out what to do with kids aged 6 and 2. They won't sleep well in pull out together and they both would likely roll out of the pull out as well.

Has anyone been in a mini suite on NCL who can tell me if they think 2 of these cots would fit on the floor??

Also, do these pack into a suitcase or are they bigger that they are checked individually?

Thanks for the great idea! That's why I love CC!

We had our son sleep between us. That's a personal choice I know but to me the easiest solution.

BTW you've got a great cruise director. A bit of a nut but funny to watch. And he had a good time with my 4 year old too. Camp Carnival staff was great too. Just got off that ship a few weeks ago. My favorite cruise waiter Tatijana from Lithonia. is on that ship. 2nd time we've run into her. Enjoy your cruise.

Also, do these pack into a suitcase or are they bigger that they are checked individually?

Good questions! I don't know. I'll let you know tonight or tomorrow. I think it'll fit in a suitcase but don't know for sure. Will post later.

Wow!

The Regalo My Cot just came in and my almost 3 year old daughter loves it! For comparison reasons it's about half the size folded up as the smaller pack and plays and lighter as well.

I'm blown away. It doesn't feel cheap, she seems to find it comfortable and it's so easy to fold/unfold!

The one thing I'll do is probably make/buy a slightly more padded fitted sheet for it, but the one it comes with isn't bad by any means.

Thanks for the suggestion!

• 2 weeks later...

Just a bump...

We just got off the Mariner of the Seas Sunday and my daughter loved this bed and slept in it each night. It worked perfectly and we will be bringing it on our next cruise in March!

There was plenty of room and our room steward even brought an extra sheet, pillow, and blanket.

Archived